Your Favourite Road/s in the Iberian Peninsular?

Have tried with Google My Maps but it's severly limited in the numbers you can show - at least it is with my limited knowledge. Not sure where I can go after this. Any ideas? Am happy to give it a go as it would be good to have for myself if for no other reason.

Here's my favourite for a wintertime blast. Tremp, Benabarre, Serraduy, Bonansa, El Pont de Suerte, La Pobla de Segur and back to Tremp. About 170 kms and three hours.

OK, it's easy for me as I live along the route :)

I'd like to add a map but the file size of the screenshots too big!

Here's my favourite for a wintertime blast. Tremp, Benabarre, Serraduy, Bonansa, El Pont de Suerte, La Pobla de Segur and back to Tremp. About 170 kms and three hours.

OK, it's easy for me as I live along the route :)

I'd like to add a map but the file size of the screenshots too big!
easiest to plot in google maps and then click the three horizontal lines to get a short link https://maps.app.goo.gl/BVeTtG5iMAGckPoj8

Spain was the name given by the Romans to the Iberian Peninsula and part of the official nomenclature of the three Roman provinces they created there: Hispania Ulterior Baetica, Hispania Citerior Tarraconensis and Hispania Ulior Lusitânia.
Other provinces later formed were Carthaginensis and Gallaecia. Later the concept evolved to include, in the late times of the empire, the Balearic Province and the Tingitana Province of Mauritania.
The name Spain is derived from Spain, the name by which the Romans designated the entire Iberian Peninsula, an alternative term for the name Iberia preferred by Greek authors to refer to the same space.
The Spanish term is latin, the Iberia term is exclusively Greek. Saying Spanish to Iberic or Hispanic is a lack of belonging, because it brings with it differences in time and environment.
In the surviving texts of the Romans they always use the name Hispania (first quoted around 200 BC by the poet Quintus Ennius), while in the preserved Greek texts they always use the word Iberia.
The Carthaginians (Phoenix) and the Romans occurred in the lands of the Iberian Peninsula.
The conflict manifested itself in the so-called Punic Wars, which ended with the triumph of Rome.
The Romans later made contact with the Iberian Peninsula, but to name it, they chose the name they heard from the Carthagines, Spain, to which they later added an H, as well as added an H to Hiberia.
Besides the h they used the plural, Spain, like they used the plurals in Gaul.
It was the first province the Romans entered and the last to be dominated by Augustus.
The last years of the Roman Empire saw it divided into Roman states that were constantly in conflict with each other.
In Spain, Maximo proclaimed himself emperor of Spain, making it independent of Ravenna (forming the Hispanic-Roman Empire); With his death the Spanish empire did not disappear, it passed into the hands of the king of Toulosa Eurico.
And over time, a secondary form of Spain began to be used: Spain and thus the name we know today as Spain.
According to San Isidoro, with the dominance of Visigods the idea of peninsular unity began to be heated up and for the first time it was spoken in "mother Spain".
Until now, the name Spain has been used to designate all the territories of the peninsula.
In his work Historia Gothorum, Suintila appears as the first king of Totius Spaniae.
This story of the Goths, Vandals and Suevos includes a beautiful eulogy to Spain Laus Spanie and treats Spain as a Gothic nation.

399563110_827108936088422_6478562505865069470_n.jpg

A circut between Vega de Pas, Portillo de Lunada & San Roque de Riomiera taking in the CA 631, BU-570, BU-572, CA 643 & the CA 264.

Only about 50 miles from Bilbao too.

A circut between Vega de Pas, Portillo de Lunada & San Roque de Riomiera taking in the CA 631, BU-570, BU-572, CA 643 & the CA 264.

Only about 50 miles from Bilbao too.

add in CA262 north of Vega de Pas over Puerto de Braguia https://maps.app.goo.gl/AKFZDJUmpN7Th1ZS8

you could spend several days pass hopping in this region just inland of Santander & Bilbao

I liked the L-511 Isona to Coll de Nargo, very bendy in places.
Once you get to CdN there is a petrol station and restaurant to fill both bike and rider.

I liked the L-511 Isona to Coll de Nargo, very bendy in places.
Once you get to CdN there is a petrol station and restaurant to fill both bike and rider.
I live just a few miles away from Isona and can confirm that the restaurant at Coll de Nargò is good, and there'a not the good bar in the village as you approach the junction with the C-14 which is also great :) But the filling station is one of the CEPSA chain - which I always call Cesspit! - and is very expensive and the staff are rude ...

Talking of the C-14 that's a road tp be avoided at all costs but carrying on eastwards on the L-401 all the way to Ripoll is superb!

Another favourite. To the SE of Riano in the Picos. Good surface, little traffic and continuous curves.

Screenshot 2023-12-08 at 09.26.46.png

Back
Top Bottom