Zumo 660 Mount Not Charging

Neil W

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Bit of a puzzler , I have two Garmin sat navs an older Zumo 660 and a recently replaced Navigator VI , with them I have the 660 Car mount, the 1150gs is fitted with a Zumo 660 bike mount ,the KTM is fitted with a BMW 4 button mount and the 1250gsa has the BMW sat nav prep and lockable cradle.

The 660 and Nav VI work perfectly in the 660 car mount , the BMW 4 button cradle and the BMW mount on the 1250 but neither sat nav is charging in the Zumo 660 bike mount BUT if you put either of them in the 660 bike mount on the 1150 and then turn on the ignition they they will power up but not charge from the bike and are running on their own battery power .

The 660 bike mount uses the old school mod where its wiring has been stripped back to only use the red and black power and earth wires and must be providing some kind of power signal to turn on the the sat navs .

Any ideas other than to replace the Zumo 660 bike mount with a 4 button mount ?

As neither device works in the 660 mount (and you have checked that it itself is receiving power) then ditching the 660 mount, might seem easiest.

It appears to be receiving power as when you put either sat nav unit in the 660 mount and turn on the ignition it powers up the units and the battery light on the top right of the screen briefly goes out and then the battery symbol ( showing it is running on the sat navs internal battery ) comes on .

I wonder if their us internal corrosion in the mount ?

Have a bid in on a 4 button mount

Thanks for the update. I am now betting on one of the pins sticking or being corroded.

I picked up a 'knackered' unit -wires had been cut for only a few quid. couple of screws to remove section with pins and there was a plug fitting on the wires..... bonus, my mount back working fine! Just be careful of the small spring as you take it apart!

Back
Top Bottom