Open the Connected Ride Cradle

CasaNL

Reaction score
Did somebody tried to open the Original BMW Connected Ride Cradle?

I want to put the CR print in a (much smaller) box of it's own. Bring power to it and hide it some where on the bike. Than remove the standard GPS bracket where the CR cradle used to be in.

Than placing a quadlock mount with wireless charching functionality on the satnav bar, where the standard GPS bracket was mounted.

That way no clutter in sight. Just the quadlock mount. My phone can stay in a decent phone case. Mounting my phone in a second without hussle. Wireless charging will work flawless, once and for all.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Did somebody tried to open the Original BMW Connected Ride Cradle?

I want to put the CR print in a (much smaller) box of it's own. Bring power to it and hide it some where on the bike. Than remove the standard GPS bracket where the CR cradle used to be in.

Than placing a quadlock mount with wireless charching functionality on the satnav bar, where the standard GPS bracket was mounted.

That way no clutter in sight. Just the quadlock mount. My phone can stay in a decent phone case. Mounting my phone in a second without hussle. Wireless charging will work flawless, once and for all.
Could always use an Evotech and give yourself more room.

Attachments

• D27D4F50-BA3E-4BE3-9C4E-80FC62AA9008.jpeg
    D27D4F50-BA3E-4BE3-9C4E-80FC62AA9008.jpeg
    149.7 KB · Views: 5
  • 579772E3-0BB8-4F6E-A138-BFC682AC82DE.jpeg
    579772E3-0BB8-4F6E-A138-BFC682AC82DE.jpeg
    180 KB · Views: 5
Could always use an Evotech and give yourself more room.
Thanks. but I know where I want to go.

What I don't know is how to get there.
How to wire up the CR-cradle-circuitboard so all keeps functioning.

In need of wiring schema's etc.
Just found some more details and know in the proces of reading it and trying to understand what is written.

1. In the 18-pins connector In the Navigator mount is a small dataprocessing circuit.
2. With a Navigator in the mount the Navigator puts 3,3 V back that circuitboard.
3. That does it magic with the data on the 3th wire from the accessoiry connector on the bike.
4. The circuitboard puts data on pin 5 and 6.
5. That data is processed by the Navigator.

Where is writen Navigator also could be written CR-cradle. The CR-cradle however has to communicate over Bluetooth with the app or the TFT.

So far as I understand things right.

Back
Top Bottom