TRF need your help

muzvmc

Reaction score
Came across this on the South west enduro website and thought I would pass it on.....
'signing day'
.... to help save important South West green lanes.
TRF members have organised a 'signing day' at Minehead rugby club to take place on Saturday April 14th from 9:30-1:30.

The purpose is to help gather evidence to get RUPPS changed to BOATS, otherwise we will lose permission to ride them!

RUPPS = Roads used as public paths. - These will be lost.
BOATS = Byways open to all traffic. - These will be saved.

The idea of the day is to help trail riders identify which lanes in the Exmoor, Minehead, Somerset, Quantock & North Devon area, they may have ridden in the last 10-15yrs - probably by displaying marked maps, area/lane names, O/S references or photos etc. and registering that they are, or have been used for motorcycling.

Motorcycling on these lanes are not a crime - but it will be soon if people do not help!

The rugby club is situated on the main Taunton - Minehead road. If you can spare a half hour on that Saturday please pop along, even if just to say hello and offer moral support. I am sure all the guys and gals will be very pleased to see you all. Your support is needed.

Is this a TRF meeting or are they actualy asking others "outside" the circle to help?

They are asking anyone who has used a vehicle on the lanes of Somerset and Devon to add to the user evidence for the lanes.

Did my bit and collected loads of evidence forms to sign and return. Looks like they had a fairly good turn out and it was usefull to speak to the guy from the TRF and find out what exactly to say if you get stopped riding some of these restricted byways in Somerset and also the name of someone at Somerset County Council to refer them too.

Good to meet you at last on Sat, Jim.
So what do we need to say if stopped and who do we refer them to at the council?
Cheers
Ian

He said tell them you are 'Riding under the 5 year usage rule' and refer them to Rowena Smith at SCC.

Good to meet you too Ian and we'll get a day out planned soon :thumb2

Back
Top Bottom