Touratech twin headlights

blackduck

I am thinking seriously about the benefits of two 55/60 instead of one. Is there anyone out there with any experiences they are prepared to share?

Cheers

Steve
PS if there are any s/hand I may well be interested please contact me.

Don't bother

Blackduck

I have the Touratech twin spot on my GS1100 and it's absolutely, totally, completely and utterly CRAP!

Seriously, even with 60 watt bulbs it doesn't light up cats eyes at 10 paces, this unit truly is the biggest pile of sh*t I've ever wasted my money on.

Goose
www.gooseontheloose.com
:shoot:

Whack in a 110W bulb. Works for me.

Thanks to Pat for selling me with the headlight.

Pat I still owe you a beer/5 fiver.

I agree with Malcolm wack in a 110 watt or more. I brought a 130watt from motorworks about £8.50 I think.

No mods recomended or appear to be needed and it makes a big difference.

I have found though that my headlight protecter seems to project some of the light upto the screen and on main beam it throws a lot of light back at me which can be distracting, but I rekon it also lights me up a bit...Ghost rider style!

Cheers

Wreford

I heard somewhere that fitting high wattage bulbs shortens the life of the switchgear or something. Anybody got direct experience of this, or been using these for a seriously long time (eg 20,000M)?

Why not change back

Hi,
I was checking out goosey's snaps and was wondering why you never went back to the OME light if the touratech is so bad?

thanks

Stephen

City Slicker..

Not a BMW.... but my previous bike was a ZZR600E, I changed the headlight bulb to a 100/130w shortly after I bought the bike (in 1993), I sold it to a friend with over 95,000 miles logged, and the switchgear and wiring were fine, despite the doom and gloom merchants saying otherwise.
The bike has now over 100,000 miles and all is still well (a lovely little bike)...sniff..

Rode my R80GS with 100/80 h/light bulb for over 90k miles without any problems. I have put a 100w bulb in the main beam of my 1150GS but left the dipped beam as the original 55w bulb as i ride with it on at all times and found that H1's burnt out too frequently - may just have been unlucky & had a couple of duff bulbs....

I ran a 100/130 in my 1100 for 9 months before it blew, and when I changed it I found the plastic connector was showing distinct signs of being WAY too hot.:eek: Currently running a "super-bright" 60/55 which works fairly well. May try a 100/55 if I can find one.

Regards

Peter

Peter,

Don't forget your twin spotlights giving a total main beam power of 165W!

Rgds Richard

PS very smart avatar, who was the highly skilled photographer? ;-)

R

Original

Blackduck

didn't go back to the original as I'd already left the UK before realising quite how bad the Touratech unit is (not that the original unit is much better anyway). My own fault really but it just got overlooked.

:beer:

Back
Top Bottom