Round the top

iaing

Reaction score
I'm heading off for a long weekend at the start of June, heading up round past JoG, Durness etc, staying overnight in Thurso, Ullapool and Portree.

Any recommendations for hotels / larger B&B's, ideally with somewhere for the bikes?

Cheers

Iain

I'm heading off for a long weekend at the start of June, heading up round past JoG, Durness etc, staying overnight in Thurso, Ullapool and Portree.

Any recommendations for hotels / larger B&B's, ideally with somewhere for the bikes?

Cheers

Iain

Oonyack or Nashskye will be able to advise on Skye, Ullapool has plenty of good accomodation. Try to go for one near the harbour where the best pubs are - I can't remember the name of where I have stayed before. No idea about Thurso i'm afraid.

AndyT:thumb2

No need to worry about the bike up there....:thumb

If you're on yer own you should have no trouble in finding a bed for the night...anywhere!

Great breakfast and accom here tell them you know Johnny Windscreens
10mins walk to the pubs

Mrs C MacLeod
An-Airidh
6 Fisherfield
Portree
Isle of Skye
IV51 9EU
tel: 01478 612250

The Isles have a happy hour on giro day so you know what to expect and bike would be left in the square

The Isles Inn
Somerled Square
Portree
Isle of Skye
IV51 9EH

tel: 01478 612129
tel: 01478 612160
fax: 01478 612528

Near to An Airidh
Mrs B Campbell
Balloch
Viewfield Road
Portree
Isle of Skye
IV51 9ES
tel: 01478 612093
email: barbara@balloch-skye.co.uk

Down the pier

http://www.pier-hotel.co.uk/
A good drinking den

Rosedale Hotel
Beaumont Crescent
Portree
Isle of Skye
IV51 9DB
tel: 01478 613131
email: rosedalehotelsky@aol.com

If money no object

Mr M McPhee
Cuillin Hills Hotel
Bosville Terrace
Portree
Isle of Skye
IV51 9QU
tel: 01478 612003
fax: 01478 613092
email: info@cuillinhills-hotel-skye.co.uk

Commercial Hotel??

Hi Oonyack

There are 11 of us going for a wee run this weekend and we are booked in to the Commercial Hotel in Portree on Saturday night. is this a good choice? Only two of us will be on GS's tho, but are a friendly bunch.

Where is the place to be on a Saturday night?

We have made no plans for Sunday, other than returning to Aberdeen, any suggestions for sightseeing in Skye itself [or whatever it is called now] before we go?

Keith

Bike theft isn't really a problem in the highlands north of Inverness.

The only real problem is if a couple of local yahoos decide to push the bike over on their way home from the pub:mad:

The Park Hotel in Thurso seems to be well run and has a carpark. It's not on a pub-route home either :thumb2

Al :D

Thanks gents.

I don't expect any probs with the bikes but given the choice of parking or leaving in the street then I'd rather they were out of the way.

Iain

Hi Oonyack

There are 11 of us going for a wee run this weekend and we are booked in to the Commercial Hotel in Portree on Saturday night. is this a good choice? Only two of us will be on GS's tho, but are a friendly bunch.

Where is the place to be on a Saturday night?

We have made no plans for Sunday, other than returning to Aberdeen, any suggestions for sightseeing in Skye itself [or whatever it is called now] before we go?

Keith

Sure it's called the Commercial hotel:nenau
We have The Royal
The Pier
The Rosedale
The Isles
Portree house
Cuillin hills

If it's a bevvy and guid crack the Pier hotel bar:beer:
Music The Royal
Teenyboppers Camanachd

Go round the top Staffin over the Quairang down through Uig back to Portree

Don't think the teeny bopping is for me!!

Probably the Pier it will be!!

Ta

Donald Matheson owner and Barman
Big Findlay Barman

tell them you know me and recommended the pub :thumb
Thick skin is a must for the Pier:D

I'd join you but off to LLLANGILOON in Wales

Plenty of accomodation in and around Thurso, Depending on when you're up I may even see you. Have a look on http://www.caithness.org and select accomodation from the dropdown menu. The Weigh Inn is on the west of Thurso and is also out of the way of most yahoos.

Back
Top Bottom