Continental Road Attack

KMD

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
My 1150gs came fitted with new Metzeler Tourance tyres, and for some reason I couldn't really get on with them. Let me say straight off though that this is not intended to suggest the Tourance is anything other than a good tyre, I think it was me, having only ever ridden on sport tyres or sport touring tyres in the past.

I'm off to the Pyrenese in two days and really wanted a tyre I was comfortable with for the trip. I've always favoured Bridgestones having previously done many miles on 010's, 020,s and 014's, but it was going to cost in excess of £200 for a pair of 020's for the GS. So on the back of the recent Bike tyre test I looked up the Continental Road Attack. At £181 fitted they appeared good value given the favourable report they got.

First impressions are good. Very smooth running tyre which seems to warm up quickly enough, neutral handling and an easy tip into bends. I like to get the bike over if the road is suitable and they feel grippy with plenty of feedback. Only done a couple of hundred miles on them so far, just to get them scrubbed off for the trip, but I like them. Be interesting to see how they perform long term.

Anyone got experience of this tyre ? what are your thoughts on it?

Hi There , yes they are an excellent tyre I have just arrived back from a 4500 mile 2 up trip around Spain & France on my R1100rs . I fitted the tyres the day before I left ,previously having been on bt020 with no complaints but I think the contis are a generation on in development.Good ride ,grip,steering, crossing overbanding in the wet gave no problems,predictable on gravel roads. For me confidence in a tyre is a large factor in buying, wear and cost are secondry.These are probably the best touring road tyres I have used , much better than bt 020 on all counts.I expect that I will get 6000 out of the back, more out of the front.I paid £156for a pair fitted against a quote of £197for the new bt021 which the tyre man told me has been brought out in response to the contis. I hope you find them as good a tyre as i do. ps went out for a brisk ride with/against my very quick son and can confirm that they are every bit as good solo

Back
Top Bottom