2004 gsa throttle pot adjust

Pauly S

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
HI All, do you guys have any info on replacing the throttle position sensor on an 04 1150 gsa.
i read some where that you have to have specific voltage on a certain wire at a set point of throttle.then lock the adjuster bolts off.
help gratefully received.
regards
PAul
:thedummy

The optimum TPS voltage should be set to 0.37V with the throttle closed.
Do NOT fiddle with the butterfly set screws.
Increasing this voltage richens the mixture until 0.4 V trips an error condition.
Why do you need to change it?.

fitted a new (secondhand from motorworks) TPS to my 2000 1150 tonight. It seems to have fixed my lumpy running which has got so bad the bikes been using 40% more fuel.

As for setting it up.. I'm not a hand t using a volt meter, I did try sticking the pointy bit into the red and white wire and the the other end (black) to the frame but the reading made no sense (that's no sense to me altough I was looking for 3 point something!

So I just moved it around till the engine sounded alright... reckon it's still running rich because I can't get it to back fire like I use to

As for setting it up.. I'm not a hand t using a volt meter, I did try sticking the pointy bit into the red and white wire and the the other end (black) to the frame but the reading made no sense (that's no sense to me altough I was looking for 3 point something!

One probe from your meter goes to number 1 wire on the TPS, the other probe goes to number 4.

No lead goes to the frame. Take a reading on your meter, and turn the TPS until it gives the reading you want to set your TPS at.

hi Steptoe, would the voltage be 0.37 volts with ign on but engine not running?and throttle on tickover. the bike is 2004 registered,2003 model apparently.

Back
Top Bottom