Best Sat Navs

Liampk

Hi.
Any suggestions as the best sat nav to use for a european trip. My brother reckons not to bother as getting lost is half the fun but I'm not so sure, and with the girlfriend on the back I need to get to where I'm going! On ebay there is a garmin 2620 for £189 which seems good value. Anyone out there got any advice?
Cheers
Liam.

Hi.
Any suggestions as the best sat nav to use for a european trip. My brother reckons not to bother as getting lost is half the fun but I'm not so sure, and with the girlfriend on the back I need to get to where I'm going! On ebay there is a garmin 2620 for £189 which seems good value. Anyone out there got any advice?
Cheers
Liam.

Buy a feckin road atlas

Zumo 550 from Global Gizmos....................... the end :thumb2

Don't leave home without it :thumb2

Al :)

Zumo 550 - never heard of that one. I'll check it out - thanks. Oh, did have a road atlas but was in my car, which got stolen a couple of weeks ago. At least the thieves will know where they are going............

Zumo 550 - never heard of that one. I'll check it out - thanks. Oh, did have a road atlas but was in my car, which got stolen a couple of weeks ago. At least the thieves will know where they are going............

:nenau

Thanks for the tips! More to this sat nav lark than meets the eye. Reckon I'll go for the clockwork one, buy a road atlas and a train ticket..........

Get with the script................. Zumo 550 - under £400 delivered, with bike and car mounts:thumb2

Al :D

I think the 2620 may have a hard disk which doesn't work well on bikes, the 2610 will do the job though. If you can afford it go for the Zumo or the 2820. The bike compatible Garmin units are popular mainly (IMHO) because they come with Mapsource, a computer programme that lets you plan your trip in very fine detail then download it to your GPS.
Have a browse through the GPS section on here and you will be enlightened!

Didn't read your original post fully................ yeah - stay clear of 2620. It does use a microdrive that doesn't like bikes :nono

Don't waste your time getting a second hand 2610, because you won't know if the unlock codes are valid..............

Get a new Zumo 550 :thumb2

Al :D

That sounds worth checking - thanks. The zumo is a bit dear so i'll check out the 2610 and 2820 and have a look the the gps section ( or was that cps...)
Cheers

Zumo does look good............. now what shall I sell..............
Thanks for the help!

Having to fight with my conscience and bank manager - does that make me a zumo wrestler..........
Think i'll get my coat.
Cheers.

you could buy a 2610 (secondhand - unknown history) and may regret it.....

or buy a Zumo (550 - that is important) and never regret it.

No-brainer :rob

Al :thumb2

Zumo 550.
You can keep a track of your route and upload it to Google Earth. At least you will know where you have been even if you didn't know where you were going :)

At least you will know where you have been even if you didn't know where you were going :)

Great quote, sums up loads for me...:D
Al, think I might get a 550, but what do you make of the Scale Rider head set ?

If your only doing one trip a year, a zumo 550 is a big lay out.
I toured france & spain this year with michelin maps,and it was easy.
I use sat nav in my works van every day,and they are very good, but i
still like to use maps when i tour on the bike.

Back
Top Bottom