PLAIN SIGHT

Sharik

Reaction score
Happy New year. Up with the larks, with a clear head, so I went off early to another part of the Salisbury Plain usually closed to the public. Unfortunately visibility was somewhat restricted due to fog. However, as a road rider for many years, (many, many years) it was with a child like glee that I ventured off into the wet and dirt.

No marks for riding technique but a good way to spend the morning. At one point the machine did allow me to make a close inspection of the flora, no really, I did want to lie and rest awhile with the 'bike keeping me warm:blush.

One whinge about the F650; why on a machine that can cope with a degree of off road riding, a slow speed topple into soft mud reulted in the gear lever being bent? Easily prevented I know by keeping the rubber in contact with the ground. The only other problem was on returning home having difficulty removing my helmet due to the wide grin acrcoss my face.

http://www.photobox.co.uk/album/7346922

Blimey... We must have only just missed each other. I went through Urchfont on my way to Bustard first thing.

Was quite a nice day in the end, the mist lifted and was fairly clear.

M

I was around Shipton Bellinger this morning looking for a White Tailed Sea Eagle... well you need an excuse don't you ? So foggy I couldnt see a thing !

I am intrigued by the plain and cannot understand where you can go and where you can't. Perhaps one day Ill commission a tour... I hear that Bakerman does them ?

:D

I am intrigued by the plain and cannot understand where you can go and where you can't. :D

I have that problem too. I was also there on new years day playing with my new DRZ400. I had a map and did try to stick to trails marked on the map, but this is confusing as these seem to be crisscrosssed by loads of other tracks and trails. My confusion was temporarilly resolved when a nice bloke in a landrover and day glo jacket showed up and basically told me to bugger off. I'm still no wiser about where i can and can't go though!

Back
Top Bottom