XChallenge - Safety Recall?

PaulXC

Reaction score
Any fellow XChallengers here had a safety recall on their bike?

I have had one in the post today but as I bought my bike in France the notice is in French ... my French is a bit basic but I think it says there is a issue with some circlip somewhere near the back wheel which might be a problem particularly with the ABS ( which mine doesn't have).

This doesn't sound that serious but I can't check it on my bike as its in storage till the end of Jan. I'm assuming that my BMW Euro warranty would cover me to get any work done in the UK if needed.

Any had a similar recall notice ( in English would be handy!)?

Cheers

Paul

There are 3 fixes on XChallenges
1. the circlip holds the rear wheel bearings and the original one sticks out where it shouldn't and will eventually feck the bearings, so they fit a narrower one
2. a new fuel line is fitted on recall, dunno why
3. the bracket that holds the spirit level is replaced by one at a different angle that actually gives anyone this side of Giant Haystacks a chance of getting it level

HTH

Cheers for that ..

I'll take it into Williams in Manchester when I finally get it back from storage.

Paul

My dealer warned me that it was dangerous even to move the bike with this wrong rear wheel circlip, as the ones that they'd PDi were fecked even before being ridden

Get it done asap

Spoke to my dealer today and they have 5 recalls / checks outstanding on my X Challenge. Can't remember what they all were...possibly;
1.Top yoke / steering head torque.
2.Fuel pipe.
3.Retro fit brackets for service stand.
4.Replacement of spirit level bracket.
5.Polarity check on plug / socket (accessory?)??

No mention of circlip on rear wheel.

This thread has started in the wrong place.

Back
Top Bottom