Sky-Dive in aid of JDRF

zoltan

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
This is my wife's attempt to beat her the fear of heights and at the same time raise money for charity .
Please read her appeal :

To all my friends, colleagues, fellow professionals and clients, greetings!

I know that some may think me mad but, in an attempt to ward off any possible mid-life crisis, I have decided to accept the challenge of jumping (beats being pushed I suppose, although it may come to that yet) out of a ‘plane at 10,000 feet.

With a parachute, I hasten to add, and in tandem with someone rather more experienced at this sort of thrill-seeking and from the Army Parachute Association at Netheravon, my Sky-Dive will take place on Saturday 26 April 2008.

I am not jumping simply to satisfy my own curiosity, although I am rather hoping it will cure my long-standing fear of heights, but to raise money for an excellent charity – the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation (JDRF).

JDRF funds research to find a cure for type 1 (juvenile) diabetes, a disorder usually diagnosed in childhood. Sadly this is a life long condition with the risk of serious complications. Details of both the condition and JDRF’s excellent work can be found at www.jdrf.org.uk.

My mission, which I have chosen to accept, and I am known for aiming high, is to raise £10,000. Clearly I need your help here.

Hence this is a request for your personal support for me in my endeavour to raise funds for JDRF by throwing myself out of that plane.

To make it easy for you to sponsor me, I have set up a web-page at Just Giving. Go to www.justgiving.com/hilarymesser (or you can just send me a cheque!)

Please be aware that by ticking the relevant box on the web-site for gift aid JDRF can add 28% to the value of your donation by reclaiming tax from HMRC. As none of us much like our monies going there, please also note that if you do not complete the form correctly in the detailing of your residential address, the taxman keeps it anyway. Which we like even less.

So please take your time… then be as generous as you feel able and look out for the video footage appearing on You-Tube sometime soon!!

Assuming I have not by then been committed, I anticipate thanking you all in the very near future for your generosity.

HILARY

HILARY N MESSER
Director

rwp solicitors limited

Registered in England and Wales registration no. 05340868

Meadow House 22 Reading Road Pangbourne RG8 7LY (Registered office)

Tel 0118 9842266 Fax 0118 9845133

Directors: Hilary Messer, Anjam Beg, Kathryn Tarry

www.rwp-solicitors.co.uk

Regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority

Back
Top Bottom