Jesse Panniers in UK?

IainMac

Reaction score
Any bought a pair of Jesse Oddessey Panniers in the Uk? Is the only option to order them direct from the manufactures?

Any opinions on them ?

Iain Mac

Jesse panniers

http://www.jesseluggage.com/

Mr Jesse and family turned up at BMF in Peterborough and showed a lot of interest in the club - have a look at the site above and see what you think!

Jimbo

Jesse's

I looked at buying a set a few months back. The Panniers look great, although I've heard from a couple of owners who have had them leek, that said I have also heard of BMW H & B and Toureteck ones with leakage issues.

I looked at a set of these, but was a little concerned with how low they come down. Should'nt be a problem on sealed roads, however, I can see them bottoming out in sand or rutted tracks.

Just a thought....

Cheers
Simon T:beerjug:

Jesse Luggage

I have just spent 15 minutes posting a well considered (for me at least) reply, and suffered a power cut as I went to click submit. Doh.

Briefly then, I love my Jesse Luggage. Carries masses of stuff, low and narrow, dont touch down cornering (although Kiwi Bob claims to have got them down at a track during testing).

I accept Simons point about grounding, but so far so good. In 4000 miles in 3 1/2 weeks it rained every day. Sometimes for an hour, sometimes for 18+ hours. Right hand pannier always bone dry, left hand one seemed to collect a very small amount in the lid when I opened it (the seal has split and I think water gets into the seal, then leaks out into the lid when I open it.

Suffice to say we carried our clean clothes & sleeping bags in the panniers, with no additional protection (ie plastic bags) and never consisdered otherwise.

Best bits (for me) are
a) the width (only an inch wider than the engine bars) but then I spend a lot of time in central london
b) the capacity. When I go touring I go with pillion and camping kit (and anyone who was at the BMF will know how much kit that is.

If the two above considerations where not paramount, I possibly would have not been able to justify the cost.

Oh yes, and they are powder coated, so dont suffer from the aluminum dust problem that Phillip has detailed in his travel logs in the travel section of this board.

The only importer to this country who I know of is Kiwi Bob, contact bob@kiwibob.de. Top bloke.

Well I took the plunge and bought myself a pair of Jesse Panniers for the Adventure. Came within 5 days or my Money Order going through and Very nice they are to. I would say very easy to fit, with a bit of lateral thought.
UK bodies seem to have to purchase Jesse stuff through KiwiBob in Germany (www.kiwibob.de) as Jesse US have appointed him as their Europe/UK agent and wont ship direct or wouldnt when I enquired. Not sure if they are going to appoint a "local" UK supplier in the forseable future.
This means stuff like "de-Loops" which would cost 10 us dollars arent quite so attractive at 40 odd Euros, and main price seems to include US shipping to Europe costs. So I guess you could say they are a tad dear, but they are no wider than the Engine Bars , seem sturdy and are available now, most of which cant be said of the BMW Adventure Luggage (does this exist anywhere but the glossy pages of a BMW Press release?), which swung the descision for me.

I'll post a pic once I find my Digi Camera lead.
:)

i have run a set of jessie 110's (now out of production) for 30,000 miles they are the best bags ever! 8hrs. of hard rain= about 2 ounces of water so yes they do leak. no big whoop. if you are shipping water while creek crossing, you have more immediate problems to deal with. these are the ones you want, despite the fact that you can't pull one of the lids and use it as a griddle!

Vern is working on some Al Jess lookalikes... 55 litre jobbies but narrower than the standard BM panniers. The lids can even used as saucepans.... now theres clever init :)

I ordered my Jesse Panniers 5 Days before the BMF.Kiwi Bob was coming over for the rally so he brought them with him which saved me a small amount on posting from Germany.Met Bob at the GS stand and he gave me a hand to fit them.Top bloke and top panniers.There a bit more expensive than other hard luggage but I wanted the Jesse ones so thats what i bought.Im not dissapointed. As I have my panniers on all the time and my only transport is my bike I think Im qualified to reccomend them.

PS When you ride away with your disc lock on like I did in Avimore this year two up and loaded with luggage,between H&B engine bars the boxes it totally protects your cylinders.

Back
Top Bottom