Narrow panniers

yoyo

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I've got a 2018GSA that has stock panniers and frames. I carry quite a bit of stuff when I'm tutoring and I'm concerned about overload my topbox plus I'm not a fan of them even though they are practical. I could use the stock panniers but they are wide for day to day use and I don't need the full capacity.

Has anyone used Givi E22, Shad E23 or similar? Are they Michael narrower than stock? I can't find a lot of info, a mate has E23 on her Strom 800RE but even though the panniers are narrow the frames are so wide there's very little difference in overall width.

Are there other options I'm missing? I'm on a bit of a budget so can't go too mad!

Sent from my ELE-L29 using Tapatalk

They look brilliant Micky but probability a bit beyond my skill level!

The Givi trekker outback 37 liter are quite narrow

Touratech do 38 or 31 liter panniers, the 38 liter are 1 meter wide in total when mounted so no wider than the handlebars

Would need to change the racks either way

The Givi trekker outback 37 liter are quite narrow

Touratech do 38 or 31 liter panniers, the 38 liter are 1 meter wide in total when mounted so no wider than the handlebars
Thanks for that, I measured the stock set up and that is 1m (the SH23 on the 800RE are 990cm).
I guess the Touratech frames must be wider than the OEM ones making the overall width the same.

I have just purchased a 1200GSA and was surprised that the Vario panniers narrower than the tank crash bars.

If you don’t have a pillion you could try something like this

A good shout but I like the idea of panniers, tools and bits in one one, training stuff (Bluetooth headsets, paperwork etc) spare gloves in the other.

Back
Top Bottom