V Strom Virgin

King Rat

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
After a week touring around on a 650XT with Anna on the back, the V Strom proved itself to us, so much so that we have bought a pre registered September 2023 bike from a lovely sole Suzuki dealership in Crewe. Apparently they are the oldest Suzuki only dealer in the country and still in the same family, father, son and uncle all work in the place. Uncle Phil is a bit of a legend in Suzuki circles and runs the workshop. We felt very comfortable with all the staff, the shop has that welcoming, unpressured feel about it.

Riding the V Strom around the tight and steep roads on Gran Canaria really showed us how capable, roomy and comfortable the bike is. It also amazed us at how frugal it is, even when running 90% of the time in 2nd or 3rd gear because of the hairpins. I've paid for it but don't want to collect it just yet. I shall put a mudflap on the front straight off and crash bars. Pondering heated grips but I haven't got them on any of my current bikes and I still ride in the winter, I think good winter gloves and handlebar muffs will be sufficient, just as they are now. Luggage considerations is the next major hurdle, there is a plethora to choose from. I already have Magadan soft panniers, so just some kind of pannier frame is all it needs. Summer is coming!

Brace yourself for the ‘is it powerful enough?’, ‘when are you going to upgrade to the 1050?’ Etc etc questions.😂😂

Less is quite often more I reckon. Enjoy the bike…you already know that you will…and post some photos of it on here…please. 👍

Ive owned two of them. Toured France twice including the Pyrenees two up. It never blinked.
Excellent bikes.

I've had my eye on one for a while now. One of the other bikes will have to go ...

Decisions! Decisions!

Stunning bikes .

Rode one on same trip in Gran Canaria and also in Chile last month

05f3b5c061e1794b0610d6b62ea07577.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congrats on the new bike (y)

Heated grips are really nice to have, if you ride in the winter I wouldn’t hesitate

But check the OEM ones before ordering, either in the shop or online opinions, the reason I say that is because I went OEM on my Forza and they’re not particularly warm, aftermarket would have been better

Congrats on the new bike (y)

Heated grips are really nice to have, if you ride in the winter I wouldn’t hesitate

But check the OEM ones before ordering, either in the shop or online opinions, the reason I say that is because I went OEM on my Forza and they’re not particularly warm, aftermarket would have been better
I had a DL650 before my ADV 350, and the Suzuki OEM heated grips were noticeably warmer than the Honda's are.

Brace yourself for the ‘is it powerful enough?’, ‘when are you going to upgrade to the 1050?’ Etc etc questions.😂😂

Less is quite often more I reckon. Enjoy the bike…you already know that you will…and post some photos of it on here…please. 👍
We already know that it is plenty powerful enough, roomy and comfortable. If I can ride from Roscoff down through France and across to Morocco, then all along the N African coast and back through Italy and Austria heading north to home on my Morini 3 1/2, then a 650 with more than twice the hp is plenty. People get suckered by the 'bigger is faster and better' hype... 65mph is 65mph regardless of how many horse powers you've got.

The 650 is plenty powerful enough. My son has a restricted 650 and he is well able to keep up with me on my nt1100. He is quite a big lad too. There is an option with side boxes which he has. He also has a v47 givi top box. Any bigger box and the lids of the side boxes snag. He has heated grips and a centre stand. Those hand guard things too. He recently passed his test on it and I thought he would be rushing out to get it deristricted but seems to be in no hurry. Oh yes he is busy. New girlfriend. JJH

Thanks Alan - can you still see the clocks over it? I intend to put my GPS thing on the cross bar of the handlebars, unless there is bar for inside the screen you can get.
Have you come into some money 💰 🤑

Thanks Alan - can you still see the clocks over it? I intend to put my GPS thing on the cross bar of the handlebars, unless there is bar for inside the screen you can get.
Yes you can see the clocks. And you can get over the clocks GPS holders.

I had the oem heated grips on the one I sold last summer, they were really good with 3 settings. I really rate the 650, quick enough, really economical and the motors a lot of fun.

Back
Top Bottom