New member from Portugal

PauloAmante

Reaction score
Good morning everyone!

My name is Paulo Amante, and I live in Moura (Alentejo - Portugal). I work in the area, and despite starting to ride motorcycles "a bit late in life," it's a great passion of mine, and I can't imagine being without a motorcycle for anything...

I've had a few bikes. I started with a CBF 125 in 2012, bought new and delivered 10 months later with 18,000 km ;). After that, I had a Super Ténéré 750 (1994), Thunderace 1000 (2000), V-Strom 650 (2006), Africa Twin 1000 Big Tank (2019), and FJR (2004). I know it's a somewhat strange sequence, but decisions about motorcycles aren't always rational. I'm probably not the only one.

For the last few bikes, maybe since the V-Strom, what I value is comfort, both in terms of protection (especially aerodynamics for the torso and head...) and suspension (adjusting to weight, on-road or off-road, etc.), and a bit of speed because once you like it, you never stop liking it.

In addition to this confusion, I like to tinker. So, adjusting, altering, readjusting, swapping components, intense research, worn-out screws, failed attempts, well, I think it's safe to say I'm a fan of DIY. And good, it's not good enough.

Well, back to the topic, I'm here because I am the proud owner of a 2010 GSA, a "Camhead," green and gray. It has almost 60,000 km, and despite being my first boxer, it's a delight! Like everything, I wasn't inclined towards the GS, but after trying it out, the decision was obvious. It has powerful torque, is comfortable, and the suspension is very interesting!

I'm still discovering, but I'm really enjoying the riding experience, whether alone or with a passenger. I'm also enjoying the DIY aspect, assembling and disassembling things—it's much simpler compared to other brands. Yes, I've already made some upgrades!

Bem-vindo. Escreves inglês melhor do que a maior parte aqui...

Sent from my M2007J22G using Tapatalk

Reactions: SBD
Tudo Bom? That's all my (Brazilian) Portuguese used up. Welcome to the forum.

Welcome aboard Paulo...

That's how to do an introduction first post

Sent with a Zen10

Welcome friend,José will be along soon and tell you all about life

Your Inglês escrito is remarkably good for a nondom.... Welcome, nonetheless :D

Thanks to all for the warm welcome!

How do you put some photos in here? I want to start a log of what i've been doing on the bike. Also, is there a forum for something like that?

Thanks to all for the warm welcome!

How do you put some photos in here? I want to start a log of what i've been doing on the bike. Also, is there a forum for something like that?
Hi Paulo and welcome.
You can put any trips you do on this part of the forum.
https://www.ukgser.com/community/forums/motorcycle-trips.160/

Photo`s can be uploaded via the "insert image" facility at the top of the page, it is a rectangular box between the link and smiley face thing, just put your cursor over it and all will become clear.

There is a test facility at the bottom of the forum, so you can have a go at formulating a page with images and links before you do it.

All the best. (y)

Back
Top Bottom