New member from Northern Ireland

KoodooWarrior

Reaction score
Hi and thank you for letting me join. I'm now the proud owner of a 2015 1200GSA (K51). I'm 63, retired, live in Co. Down, Northern Ireland and did my direct access just over two years ago and upgraded to the GS from a Kawasaki Versys 650. I'm a solo touring type of guy and I try to do my own maintenance but on this beast I'm not so sure! The forum has been helpful so far with the issue of a failed TPMS sensor as well as recoding locks on second hand panniers. So thanks and I'll look forward to reading and posting more.

wow, just sparked up memories. I met the instructor beside Ernie Coates in 1988....

Barry

Old Boys and Rose tinted Glasses, EXCELLENT, Me too But I did mine in Larne on a GSX 250 EX

Pulled a stoppy on the emergency stop but was doing a bit Trials riding for the years before so just set it down exactly where it took off from and I got a by ball, He told me a guy out on test ran him over the year before and broke his arm

Mind you he knew I was fairly competent as he had slowed down the slow ride up the hill to the hospital so much I had to stand on the pegs and balance and actually he stopped for 5 seconds and then walked off

Ah yes and then there was the LUCKY L plate that was to be handed to the next of the group to do their test

Good Memories Good Times and a Lot less complicated !!!

Noel Orr
Abe Alexander
Ernie Coates
Rod Taylor
Superbike Centre
Andrews
Owen Bros

??

Welcome to the forum

...George Miller, Ardstraw - sadly no longer with us
Did my test 1984 in Omagh on a Suzuki TS250 - rode around a couple of blocks in a figure of 8, an emergency stop when the instructor dropped his clip board & bobs your uncle
Welcome to the site.

Did my test 1984 in Omagh on a Suzuki TS250 - rode around a couple of blocks in a figure of 8, an emergency stop when the instructor dropped his clip board & bobs your uncle
Welcome to the site.
Ah Yes George A Total Gentleman !!

Welcome to the site.
Wonder what happened to his collection of race bikes in the warehouse at the back of the shop? Called past last year and looked through the window. Still loads of old stuff in the shop. 🙂

Yes - one was a rare Harley Davidson if I remember , he had a mint yellow Honda 400 4 too - no idea what happened to them tho - would have been worth alot of money for sure. Loved going down there - bought several bikes from George - as the Doc said - a true gentleman
Wonder what happened to his collection of race bikes in the warehouse at the back of the shop? Called past last year and looked through the window. Still loads of old stuff in the shop. 🙂

Yes - one was a rare Harley Davidson if I remember , he had a mint yellow Honda 400 4 too - no idea what happened to them tho - would have been worth alot of money for sure. Loved going down there - bought several bikes from George - as the Doc said - a true gentleman
This one..

Attachments

• 79bb8855-0716-497e-b092-f6679f929100.jpeg
    79bb8855-0716-497e-b092-f6679f929100.jpeg
    153.1 KB · Views: 11
Old Boys and Rose tinted Glasses, EXCELLENT, Me too But I did mine in Larne on a GSX 250 EX

Pulled a stoppy on the emergency stop but was doing a bit Trials riding for the years before so just set it down exactly where it took off from and I got a by ball, He told me a guy out on test ran him over the year before and broke his arm

Mind you he knew I was fairly competent as he had slowed down the slow ride up the hill to the hospital so much I had to stand on the pegs and balance and actually he stopped for 5 seconds and then walked off

Ah yes and then there was the LUCKY L plate that was to be handed to the next of the group to do their test

Good Memories Good Times and a Lot less complicated !!!

Noel Orr
Abe Alexander
Ernie Coates
Rod Taylor
Superbike Centre
Andrews
Owen Bros

??

Welcome to the forum
Sorry for the thread hijack KW

I can remember a couple more from that time Maurice Bradshaw's Suzuki Dealership at the end of the Ravenhill Road who I bought my first road bike off a GP100 Suzuki and Northern Motorcycles (Run by Anthony Owens). Bought my 250 Superdream off Arthur Owens in 1980 and my first big bike a 1978 CB750F2 off Noel Orr in 1982. Who had a new De Lorean etched and sprayed Ferrari red. :D

My brother did is car test at Grand Parade. I kid ye not, he drove himself to the test centre!
Welcome :)
Does not surprise me. I did my bike test In October 78 I'd turned 17 in June. It was bouncing rain and the examiner could not have been less interested. I still had my car test pass slip from the month before in my provisional licence and he said.....no point in asking you highway code questions then and didn't. Whole thing lasted less than 10mins and he didn't move from the gate of the test centre umbrella up against the wind :D

Back
Top Bottom