Quest/autocom interference

Zach

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I am trying to wire up a quest cradle but when I have my autocom on with the gps in the cradle I am getting a pulsing interference. The autocom is powered from a switched live from the rear tale light and the Quest Cradle is powered from a switched live from the front lights. Any ideas?

I am trying to wire up a quest cradle but when I have my autocom on with the gps in the cradle I am getting a pulsing interference. The autocom is powered from a switched live from the rear tale light and the Quest Cradle is powered from a switched live from the front lights. Any ideas?
I think you need a special suppressed lead from Autocom as both items are powered off the bike.

If you disconnect the power to the Quest and run it off it's internal batteries does that make the interference go away?

yes when i run either on battery it's fine but both on bike power and there is interference is this normal?

yes when i run either on battery it's fine but both on bike power and there is interference is this normal?
That is nomal Ground Loop Interference. You will need to put Autocom splitter between the end of the GPS cable and the Autocom. Give them a call on Monday.

Back
Top Bottom