Michelin Anakee

Sue Larrington

Graham fitted a pair of Anakees to my bike a few months ago and I really like them but thats the rear knackered having only done just over 5000 miles, he gets 6000 from his Varadero. What mileage are you guys getting? Sue

The OE Tourances on my 2 Spark were shot by the 6k service.

Replaced with Avon Distanzias, which lasted 12k, so I put on another set.

:clap

Sue, seen earlier today...(couldn't help it, sorry...)

sexy-burnout-bikerpunks-com.jpg

I got just over 8k miles on my last Anakee rear, could of maybe stretched it to 9k. The one now on has done 7k and looks like it may struggle to get to 8k. Maybe i have been a bit harder on this one (more two up riding) or it could just be the difference in the batch? :nenau
The Anakee on the front completed well over 11k and maybe would of gone to 12k.:thumb
They, for me, have been good tyres, wet and dry, on and rough road. Enough grip for my riding and have lasted well.:clap

I had 18.000 miles with them but of course the roads in Greece are different. Less grip you see. However the tyres performed safely well over 16.000 miles.

Scottish roads are known to be very hard on tyres and so I do wonder if another make would be much better. I will get an Anakee on before our next run and see how long it lasts by which time the front will need replacing. The Anakees are a vast improvement on the origional tourances. Sue

Aye, we have seen the new Anakee 2 and will fit them the next time as pairs on both bikes, but as we have both needed rears we have stuck to Anakee 1s. I am going to try higher pressures as Michelin recommends 32f 36r and I have been using BMWs pressures of 27.5f 30.5r so I will see how that feels. Sue

I've always felt that the BMW pressures are too low -I run 32/34 (36 with luggage)

Tony

Back
Top Bottom