Hello Forum (new members)

santrix

Reaction score
Going to be migrating from the singles as just ordered an 800GS, so hello everyone lol.

Apparently it is the last of this years allocation from Pidcocks, so expected end of October.. :):ronno

Strange how the distribution on 800 GS works. :confused:
I bought one in Denmark last month, they had it in stock. So waiting time was zero. :guitarist
I know for sure that there are bikes available in Hamburg because a guy I know is buying them there and importing.
I am wondering if this shortage of bikes is a regional thing or of we were just lucky.

Im guessing lots of things happen diferently in Europe, any chance to get one over on the Stubborn Eurosceptical UK seems fair game to me. Was ridin through Switzerland lastr week and dropped into a BMW dealer and there was the new 450 enduro thinngy, there was also a 2nd hand GS800 outside for sale..

Australia

Ok, here is Australia all of the October stock is gone (that is the first ever stock in Aust). But there is december stock available (so dealer says), that is 1/8. So get your order in quick if you want it for the summer.

I put my order in about July, but am thinking that the V-storm is a better bike for me after a test ride. Still weighting it up.

Snowlife, before you get a V-Strom have you test ridden the 658?

Snowlife, before you get a V-Strom have you test ridden the 658?

Yes, Snowlife, you really should. I had a 650 V-Strom last summer and my new 650GS Twin is such a better bike: balance from back to back and side to side, much lower C of G, lighter, quicker, smoother, great gearbox, has less ugly plastic, and service at the BMW dealer is far superior. OK, you do pay more but I think it's worth it.

Strange how the distribution on 800 GS works. :confused:
I bought one in Denmark last month, they had it in stock. So waiting time was zero. :guitarist
I know for sure that there are bikes available in Hamburg because a guy I know is buying them there and importing.
I am wondering if this shortage of bikes is a regional thing or of we were just lucky.

The tax on bikes in Denmark is, well, I don't know other then very, very high. Not so much demand.

The tax on bikes in Denmark is, well, I don't know other then very, very high. Not so much demand.

Wuz there last month..... there's 180% tax to pay on a new or imported 'bike :eek:

:beerjug:

Hi from a new member

Just a hello to the forum that I have heard a lot of through several sources.

Took delivery of F800GS in April and been enjoying it thoroughly.

Last bike was a R80ST and previously the obvious sports bikes.

Took it through France and Pyrennes (remember turn of the ABS off-road) this summer and currently planning an London to Cape Town leaving January.

Been doing lots of research on this and other sites for equipment etc.

My query which I will post on the F800 forum if not the place is whilst at World of BMW in July on a F800GS the instructor said haven ridden the F800GS that the springs were too soft (certainly dives a bit under braking) and that the gearing needed to be higher for better acceleration for off road. He was riding a HP2 (great bike) so this could be taken with a pinch of salt.

Any thoughts on this from the general community please? Have looked at the after markets fork springs at Touratech and wonder if these will make all the difference for an overland trip?

Thanks, Don

Welcome Tito.

Probably best to ask your question separately in the 800 section- it'll get a better chance of being answered there :)

Took delivery of F800GS in April and been enjoying it thoroughly.

My query which I will post on the F800 forum if not the place is whilst at World of BMW in July on a F800GS the instructor said haven ridden the F800GS that the springs were too soft (certainly dives a bit under braking) and that the gearing needed to be higher for better acceleration for off road. He was riding a HP2 (great bike) so this could be taken with a pinch of salt.

Any thoughts on this from the general community please? Have looked at the after markets fork springs at Touratech and wonder if these will make all the difference for an overland trip?

Welcome Tito.

Probably best to ask your question separately in the 800 section- it'll get a better chance of being answered there :)

:nod

I'll move your thread over for you Tito. Welcome to UKGSer. :)

Back
Top Bottom