800 GS bits & bats

big_nige

Hi from a noob, I have a 800 GS with various mods, hugger, LED indicators & a decent TT screen. I have installed a Garmin Zumo 550 & a full DVR video system.

My first question is, can the front forks be adjusted? They are very very soft. I can't see any way like I can on my gixxer 1000. I'm a big chap, at 6' 3" & about 16 stone.

I love the bike BTW, much better than the 1200 GS i bought last year & hated.

Ta

Nige:)

I'm told the front forks are not adjustable - although, confusingly Nippys offers a front fork adjustment tool :confused:
Several places are now advertising revised rate springs (Touratech, Motorworks, Hornig) - although these seem relatively cheap at around £80 a pair, I would imagine fitment isn't so cheap

You do get used to the diving - especially when coming to a halt. Just learn to use the rear brake more if you're used to a non-diving bike.

Welcome to the site and enjoy your new GS:thumb2

Hi from a noob, I have a 800 GS with various mods, hugger, LED indicators & a decent TT screen. I have installed a Garmin Zumo 550 & a full DVR video system.

My first question is, can the front forks be adjusted? They are very very soft. I can't see any way like I can on my gixxer 1000. I'm a big chap, at 6' 3" & about 16 stone.

I love the bike BTW, much better than the 1200 GS i bought last year & hated.

Ta

Nige:)

Hi Nige
good info here on pogo front end
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=398729

I will try heavier weight oil before changing springs,
Glad you like your 800. I changed my 12ADV for one and have my doubts it was the right thing to do sometimes. Until I ride it again :thumb Its a great bike and will be superb with some additions and changes to suit me.
:D

Back
Top Bottom