Vario Red Catch - Problem

velofelo29

Has anybody encountered a problem with the Red catch on a Vario pannier. The red lever under the handle is stuck up as is the mushroom bolt catch.

I intend to strip and attempt a repair but am asking for any advice that would keep me right.

Thanks in advance for any replies

The red catch won't go down if the one over the mushroom bolt isn't down properly. Check that the bolt hasn't come loose and is backing itself out. If that's ok, try lifting the pannier bodily as you press down on the catch over the bolt.
HTH
Mark

The red catch won't go down if the one over the mushroom bolt isn't down properly. Check that the bolt hasn't come loose and is backing itself out. If that's ok, try lifting the pannier bodily as you press down on the catch over the bolt.
HTH
Mark

+1 check Mushroom bolts are fitted correctly (and tight)
Vario_Cases_Mushroom_Bolt_TSB.jpg

And then as Mark said "try lifting the pannier bodily as you press down on the catch over the bolt"

Still at it

Thanks for the advice folks. Checked the pin heights, one was at 31mm and the other at 29. Removed the lock cover and lock assembly, it looks like the mechanism had gone over centre due to bad adjustment of the pin. There are three springs in the lock mechanism two of which fly out as you strip it. The large spring is for the sliding green indicator and the small spring locates in the "trigger" that is operated by the front red lever.

Don't have time to finish it off at the moment but don't envisage any problems.

Hope I am not too premature in my confidence

Back
Top Bottom