Twin headlight conversion.

Udders

A Needy Twat
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
My mate has an 1100 GS and isn't that keen on the big rectangular headlight. Has anyone changed one of them to a twin light set-up? Not necessarily an 1150 light unit though. Is there a kit available to change them over? Ta.

yes there is a twin light available from Touratech. I had one and sold it.

I've gone for the HID H4-2 in the square headlight.

bit like this you mean?, mine is a Wunderlich, carbon fibre and glass lenses with 2x 55 watt bulbs.

Attachments

• P850gs.jpg
    P850gs.jpg
    107 KB · Views: 375
  • dipped beam.jpg
    dipped beam.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 352
  • Off road ridgeway11.jpg
    Off road ridgeway11.jpg
    105.3 KB · Views: 360
thats the one.. makes the square lamp look positively gorgeous. :augie

.. and is crap by all accounts.

BTDT back to the original within a fortnight, get a HI Lo HID in the stock one if the moneys burninig a hole :thumb2

Stewart

I don't think he wants to change it to get more light it's just cos they look better than the rectangular standard one.

My mate has an 1100 GS and isn't that keen on the big rectangular headlight. Has anyone changed one of them to a twin light set-up? Not necessarily an 1150 light unit though. Is there a kit available to change them over? Ta.

Tsiklonaut, who is currently on a RTW trip on his 1100gs converted to a twin cbr 400 light IIRC and i think he had a thread on here about prepping his bike for it:thumb2

Ive got a pair just like the ones in the picture.

At least they 'look' like the ones in the picture.

Cant find any wires on them.

Found them hidden in a white box in the kitchen.

They must be a secret chrismas present.

P1020553.jpg

You bunch of piss takers, These lights have saved my life on many occasion and I have photographic evidence to prove it, you might laugh and scoff but last time I did Steptoes Dorsetshire run I was going through the Ford at Morton and all of a sudden a 100 foot shark reared up its head to gobble me up, I thought I was a goner, but a quick twiddle of the full beam switch saved the day, my trusty wounderlick headlights dazzled the monster causing it to flop back to were it came from, and apart from soiling my knickers all was fine.

Attachments

• Shark.jpg
    Shark.jpg
    122 KB · Views: 155
Perspective

Why does this thread have mini-cows (sitting on fence posts) and giant Sharks? It's all out of perspective. And you guys reckon Aussie has dangerous critters.:augie

Back
Top Bottom