Metal Polisher Wanted

Brendan

Reaction score
Hi, I'm looking for a good metal polisher to do some work on alloy parts for a classic motorcycle.
Anybody have contact details for a good one ????
In Ireland if possible to save on postage.

Hi, I'm looking for a good metal polisher to do some work on alloy parts for a classic motorcycle.
Anybody have contact details for a good one ????
In Ireland if possible to save on postage.

Check out Sealey products. Most motor factors stock them or have their catalogue but do a google search for them.

metal polishing,

Probably what you need is a proper high speed, spinning mops set up ing , I had a full system set up in my last house but so far haven't had the time to re commission it in my new plkace,
It takes special compounds to get the right finish (Tripoli compounds are what there normally called). A lot of cheap compounds around in engineering suppliers which will polish but the shine wont last .
Working off an electric drill does not have the high enough speed, any standard motor needs to be geared up to around 3500 to 4000 rpm they usually have tapered mandrels to hold the mops.
Dust and dirt is a is a major problem while doing any work. I could get a mirror finish on a rough casting , but it takes time as it generated a lot of heat. again dependent on the source of the compound and the quality of the mops.
PM me if you want ore info

Back
Top Bottom