Any interest in a guided tour?

ThorH

Reaction score
Toying with the idea of putting on a guided tour. Not to make money, I just find you crazy limeys a fun bunch to hang with, and quite enjoy showing off this beautiful country. Could do a week in the sw, then drop you off to do your North Cape thing or whatever. Some nice dirt roads over the mountains that you won't find yourselves, some scenic bits, etc. Any interest?

Could be interesting for our last few days/week. We're heading home from Oslo on 17th June. We have 3 full weeks in Norway after getting to Nordkapp, probably a week to head south again (3 days up through Sweden/Finalnd) and 2 weeks in the SW.

pm me if you want to try and meet up.

Toying with the idea of putting on a guided tour. Not to make money, I just find you crazy limeys a fun bunch to hang with, and quite enjoy showing off this beautiful country. Could do a week in the sw, then drop you off to do your North Cape thing or whatever. Some nice dirt roads over the mountains that you won't find yourselves, some scenic bits, etc. Any interest?

Could be of interest... When were you thinking of ? I have no set plans yet...

Getting there ...

is the main problem. I've even made enquiries about taking bikes over on pallets on a boat and the riders flying over. No joy so far.

is the main problem. I've even made enquiries about taking bikes over on pallets on a boat and the riders flying over. No joy so far.

There are plenty of options !! :blast

Ride through Europe and Denmark is one... Ferries from Harwich to Esbjerg and then one to Olso from Northern Denmark is another...

There is only one decent way - from Harwich. We're trailering the bikes down and leaving the car and trailer with friends for 4 weeks to save 2 days of boring UK riding and 1,000 miles of tyre life for the fun stuff. My tow car runs on biodiesel at 25ppl so it's £24 return trip Glasgow to Harwich!

Could be of interest... When were you thinking of ? I have no set plans yet...

As there was no interest, I have made other plans for my (way too few) vacation weeks. So right now, it seems the best I can offer is a day ride in the Oslo area if anyone happens to be around in a weekend. Or maybe an afternoon sightseeing.

As there was no interest, I have made other plans for my (way too few) vacation weeks. So right now, it seems the best I can offer is a day ride in the Oslo area if anyone happens to be around in a weekend. Or maybe an afternoon sightseeing.

Shame... I said I was interested and flexible and asked when you were thinking of ??

Never saw or heard your response - so I will make my own plans too...

Enjoy your holidays

It's not easy...

I tried in 2 forums to invite bikers to meet me and my Scarver at Flåm.
Result: 1 couple on 1 BMW in Flåm, and I saw the same people again a few days lather in Oslo, showing them my sidecar.

And over the years I have asked members to tell me where&when we can meet when they are on their tour over here. I can put my tent in my sidecar and stay in the area and wait, looking for the bikers - I can adjust my tour.

-Not easy, my friend! :comfort

:) Liv.

35 post count and no one has met you AND you haven't subscribed :augie

What were you expecting? A flood of punters coming over? People buy an adventure bike to replace the need to be adventurous.

I bet if you post a ride report or two and met a person or two .. you will get a massive queue forming the next time you do an invite.

Although I suspect you are probably a sociopath psycho murderer criminal who just wants some innocent people to turn up in Norway, then you will kill them and steal everything they have. :D

35 post count and no one has met you AND you haven't subscribed :augie

Although I suspect you are probably a sociopath psycho murderer criminal who just wants some innocent people to turn up in Norway, then you will kill them and steal everything they have. :D

Thor seem nice, but who know what a nice smile are hiding? :eek

Me, on the other hand, are a nice tiny little girl... :angel :grin:kissy2

:augie Liv.

Shame... I said I was interested and flexible and asked when you were thinking of ??

Never saw or heard your response - so I will make my own plans too...

Enjoy your holidays

Sorry, but yours and rdover's were the very first responses and that was two months after my post. Too bad you didn't respond sooner, I had to sort out vacation details early. Work, kids, ex wife,...

@Indesicive: I didn't have any set expectations at all. I just see that quite a few of you are planning a ride over here, and thought that maybe some might like the benefit of local knowledge and enjoy some company. As my offer was met with total silence, I just had to conclude that there was no interest and move on.

I enjoy meeting new people, that enriches my life, and most people are nice. One would get acquainted during planning. If the travel company turned out to be "incompatible", one would just go separate ways. There wasn't going to be any pay, so no strings.

Not sure why I'm a bad or suspect person for not subscribing, but if it makes you feel better, I can assure you that I have been checking for replies and PMs on a weekly basis. And you can rest assured that you will be robbed over here. What the government leaves, the pubs will take.

Sorry, but yours and rdover's were the very first responses and that was two months after my post. Too bad you didn't respond sooner, I had to sort out vacation details early. Work, kids, ex wife,...

Ah well... Reason was I was in Vail and Moab for Feb and March and replied as soon as i got back...

If you subscribe i'll be able to PM you when i get into Norway later this year...

So how was Moab in March? Still snowed in, or did you get to ride? Love that place...

So how was Moab in March? Still snowed in, or did you get to ride? Love that place...

Sensational... No snow... Did many trails, including White Rim, Long Canyon & Gemini Bridges in one long day !

Great fun... Slickrock Trail and Fins & Things were good too. Only did a bit of Metal Masher and Poison Spider - backed out when it got too crazy !! Didn't want to trash my friends bike !!

Could be interesting for our last few days/week. We're heading home from Oslo on 17th June. We have 3 full weeks in Norway after getting to Nordkapp, probably a week to head south again (3 days up through Sweden/Finalnd) and 2 weeks in the SW.

pm me if you want to try and meet up.
Last night out with the gang:
Wednesday 16th. of June 2010. :idea Meet many bikers at the local café Tyrigrava!
http://www.tyrigrava.no/
http://www.tyrigrava.no/finn_oss.html
Tyrigravas history - try to translate it: http://www.tyrigrava.no/historikk.html

A map: http://www.camelrally.no/informasjon/map_tyrigrava.htm
There is a camp site, Fjord Camp, between Ljanskollen (written in black on the map) and Hvervenbukta (written in blue on the map) - it's next to the old & nice road that most of the bikers ride to get to Tyrigrava, so you'll see & listen one or two motorbikes from your tent.
No cabins / no hytte.
But Ekeberg Camping in Oslo is ok - try that! :)

I'll try to dig up a homepage for the camp sites.

A = a camp site, B = Tyrigrava, where many bikers meet every Wednesday in summer:http://maps.google.no/maps?f=d&sour...10.677338&sspn=0.300375,0.883026&ie=UTF8&z=12

:) Liv.

Attachments

• 2204 Stokkender på Tyrigrava 2009.jpg
    2204 Stokkender på Tyrigrava 2009.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 42
  • 4595Ligger på 1957Tyrigr27mai07 25.JPG
    4595Ligger på 1957Tyrigr27mai07 25.JPG
    71.3 KB · Views: 40

Back
Top Bottom