Castellane & The Gorges Du Verdon 2010

Monty

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi Folks,

I am arranging a stay in Castellane in September. This is under the BMW Club Banner :rob, but you good folks are welcome to be there too. This worked well in Normandy last year, with a great blend of people.

The location is the excellent "Camp Du Verdon” near (less than 1Km from) Castellane.

This will be a fantastic opportunity to visit Europe’s impressive “Grand Canyon”, ride some high alpine passes, and visit the Cote d'Azur, which is an easy day trip.

The Campsite has a mix of Chalets and camping and has all the facilities you would expect on a 4**** site.

I will be on site from 4th to 11th September (Saturday to Saturday). You can choose to stay any number of nights. Some examples of the costs are:

€46 per night for a standard mobile home with 1 twin, 1 double
€72 per night for the posh 8 berth with 3 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms (ideal for parties!)
€20 per night for a camping pitch (€25 with electric hook-up)

This is not the cheapest, but the facilities at this site are excellent. Book your choice of accommodation direct with the site via their web site or by phone:

http://www.camp-du-verdon.com/

Campsite Tel 0033 492836192

Whether you stay for the whole week or just drop in for a few days it will be great to see you there. We are planning to take 3 days there and probably 4 back, but the choice is yours.

If you are interested please reply to the thread, and if any of you confirm you are coming along I can post your names at the bottom of this thread to let people know. Currently there are 10 booked and paid for and about the same again as probables, so you should not be lonely. :thumb

Cheers,

Matt

A couple of photos of Castellane. I am looking forward to a few :beer: here.

Attachments

• castellanemarketforum [640x480].jpg
    castellanemarketforum [640x480].jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 1,010
  • Castellanemktforum [640x480].jpg
    Castellanemktforum [640x480].jpg
    107.8 KB · Views: 1,004
enjoy the trip, went in 2008 stayed at Moustiers Sainte Marie just up the road, spectacular scenery.

Teejay

enjoy the trip, went in 2008 stayed at Moustiers Sainte Marie just up the road, spectacular scenery.

Teejay

Cheers Teejay. It should be a good trip, and the site has got very good reviews so I am really looking forward to the end of the summer. :thumb

That's only 45 minutes up the road from me. Might pop up and say hello if I'm around. Met BHT and Lucy there a few years back...

Bon Route, if you need any info from me, feel free to contact me.

Rob

That's only 45 minutes up the road from me. Might pop up and say hello if I'm around. Met BHT and Lucy there a few years back...

Rob

off topic slightly (apologies).... We're staying in Bagnols for a few nights early June... Is that far from yourself ?? just in case we need some emergency Tosser advice !:thumb:thumb

off topic slightly (apologies).... We're staying in Bagnols for a few nights early June... Is that far from yourself ?? just in case we need some emergency Tosser advice !:thumb:thumb

Far? About 10 minutes. PM sent

Rob

I will be in touch, dude. It would be great to meet you. Quite a few Tossers coming along. :thumb

Hi

Rob

Hi Franco i am currently living/working near Grimaud untill July time. I cant be a million miles from you. I ride an 07 1200gs and would love to meet up and ride with a local rider, if the weather continues to pickup and the mood takes you get in touch. Cheers Ken B.

15 people signed up and booked now, some from the dark side and also a sprinkling of Tossers. :thumb2

Heres a few more appitizers for ya :aidan

castellane2.jpg

castellane3.jpg

Campsite Bar (Very important place)

camp-du-vpost.jpg

gorgepost-1.jpg

gorge1.jpg

gorgepost.jpg

gorgepost2.jpg

gorgepost1.jpg

And some useful info;
Castellane Town website (Features links & info for activities such as Rafting / Canyoning etc)
http://www.provenceweb.fr/e/alaupro/castelan/castelan.htm

Apart from riding around the gorge, and general touring about, there are plenty of other things to do

Horse riding
http://www.la-grande-bastide-centre-equestre.com/index.html

Museum of the resistance (worth a look)
Musée de la résistance de Castellane
http://resistancecastellane.free.fr/index.php?lng=fr

Some "Must see Sights"

Moustiers Ste Marie
http://www.provenceweb.fr/e/alaupro/moustier/moustier.htm

Entrevaux
http://www.provenceweb.fr/e/alaupro/entrevau/entrevau.htm

Thanks for the extra photos and info, Mark. I think this one will prove a popular venue for Tossers and Club folk alike. :thumb

I've been planning my route down & back, and have noticed a lot of the more reasonably priced hotels are nearly full, it must be people coming back from their summer holls !
I reckon it's worth getting your downward stops at least sorted asap, I'm sure you will get accommodation but some of the £50 per night in most convenient locations might get difficult to find.
I'm going by early ferry on the Thursday, 1st stop in the Troyes area, then Autoroute A39 down to Bourg-en-Bresse, Then RN 504 via lake Bourget & Chambery to end 2nd night in Grenoble, so might also see some of you there

Cheers Mark. I have booked hotels in Troyes and Grenoble on the way down. Staying at Annecy, Beaune and St Quentin on the way back.

Any suggestions for good roads / routes around Castellane gratefully received so I can get together some paper and Garmin routes for those coming along.

Looking forward to this one already. :thumb2

Matt

18 people confirmed and paid for so far, with another 5 who should be booking in the next few days.

Should be busy. :thumb2

Matt

Back
Top Bottom