Upgraded Zumo maps but cannot do Mapsource.

wheeledwidewebb

Reaction score
I bought my 660 a few months ago and it came with a free map update that was set to expire at the end of June.

So, on June 15th I upgraded the Zumo maps to the latest version using the Webupdater tool - easy and painless.

However what I did not consider at the time is that my Zumo must now be on a different version of maps to Mapsource. I say that because my Zumo complains that imported routes were created on a different map version and I also get the straight line route issue.

I cannot see how I update the maps in Mapsource to the same version though, does anyone have any insight into it please?

If you saved the update to your PC run the updater again and do both the zumo and pc. If you didn't save the mapping update to the PC I'd guess you'll have to wait until the next update comes out, or ask Garmin if they'll reactivate the download to let you do the above.

Update

You can't save the update anymore when you do the update the default is the unit only as you go throw the update look for ADVANCED in the bottom left corner this will let you change the default to computer and unit or as you have done the Unit just do the Computer you should be able to do the update again just plug in Unit go to Update log in and see. If you do a search you will find this mentioned a few times.

Mitch

Save update

On the 2011.1 update l could not save it as before, if you know a way maybe you could tell us how to do it.

Thanks Mitch

Have you actually checked that the map versions on your PC and 660 are different? Or are you guessing that they are?

Have you tried creating a fresh route (as opposed to using an old route) on your PC and then sending it to your 660? What happens if you do?

Are you loading a route from another person?

I have a 660 and a PC both running identical latest edition maps and the latest software. If I open an old route, say from a year or two ago, on my PC and then send it to my 660 I will sometimes (not always) get a prompt telling me that the route does not match with the map, would I like to recalculate. I say, YES and all is well.

Yep, they are different versions.

If I create a new route on Mapsource and then transfer it to the Zumo it complains about the discrepancy and sometimes gives me the straight line route problem. Not always though.

I just didn't think when upgrading the maps that Mapsource would be left out and I didn't realise that the map data files would not be accessible after the update.

You live and learn. Hopefully Garmin can come to the rescue.

This may be stating the obvious but, you have changed the drop down on the top left of mapsource to the new version havent you?

Alas, the dropdown only lists the one version, NT2010.1

Possibly a mistype but the latest 660 compatible maps are: NT2011.1

As a rule Geramin are very helpful on the phone. They have turned on expired map updates for me to reload in the past.

I cannot see how I update the maps in Mapsource to the same version though, does anyone have any insight into it please?
So, on June 15th I upgraded the Zumo maps to the latest version using the Webupdater tool - easy and painless.

Okay first you need to know that Webupdater does NOT update the maps in either the Zumo or Mapsource. Webupdater only updates the software in your Zumo.

If you are getting a message that your maps were created on different maps they probably either were or need recalculated.

To find out what maps you have in the Zumo

Tools/Settings?Map?Map Info

To check what maps you have on Mapsource look at the top left drop down box for the maps you have. They should match the Zumo.

If they match then you have to recalculate the maps in Mapsource. To do this open the route and highlight the route name under the route tab. Now right click and click recalculate. The map will recalculate to the latest map you have.

Now try it in the Zumo and see if all is well

To update your maps on both Mapsource and your Zumo read my other thread complete with pictures to guide you thru the update

http://www.zumoforums.com/index.php?topic=12305.msg95535#msg95535

Okay first you need to know that Webupdater does NOT update the maps in either the Zumo or Mapsource. Webupdater only updates the software in your Zumo.

If you are getting a message that your maps were created on different maps they probably either were or need recalculated.

To find out what maps you have in the Zumo

To check what maps you have on Mapsource look at the top left drop down box for the maps you have. They should match the Zumo.

If they match then you have to recalculate the maps in Mapsource. To do this open the route and highlight the route name under the route tab. Now right click and click recalculate. The map will recalculate to the latest map you have.

Now try it in the Zumo and see if all is well

To update your maps on both Mapsource and your Zumo read my other thread complete with pictures to guide you thru the update

http://www.zumoforums.com/index.php?topic=12305.msg95535#msg95535

Fair enough, I must of updated it from the Dashboard in myGarmin then. Either way the Zumo Maps are now one version ahead of Mapsource.

If I ever update the maps again I will be sure to follow your thread:thumb2

I had this issue but I managed to do the update again to PC only, I guess my update window had not run out. It worked fine though.

The new system of downloading now allows downloads for one year after your first download.

Back
Top Bottom