Ex servo abs brake lines

Comfy Old Boots

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Right. I've a question. I removed the servo abs a while back. I used the 'in the field' method suggested by davegs. It works great but I'm unhappy with the cable routing. There's tension on the front brake cable between the junction piece and the two bits of braided hosing. It's affecting the steering. The cables just seem too tight.

My question is this. What is the length of hosing I'd need to go from the master cylinder to the mudguard junction? Bypass the junction point under the tank?

Or is this wrong and should I buy the non abs junction piece and use existing hoses?

Suggestions please. A single cable seems to make more sense. On non abs servo 2003 GSA, does it have a junction or is it a single braided hose?

Is the cable going from the master cylinder to the junction piece under the tank the same length on the abs/servo/non servo bikes?

Comments or advice sought before I ring motorworks.

That's what I've done on my previous two 1150s:thumb

And the cables sit nicely? They don't push the bars? Can a different junction make the difference?

Any chance of a pix of your junction? ( oh er sounds rude cough) and perhaps a pix of the cable routing over the yoke? Im fretting I've got the cables routed in the wrong .

Thanks

Appreciate the reply btw. I'll just buy it and go from there. I'll report back!!

Back
Top Bottom