690 enduro r wheel pitting

Status
Not open for further replies.

fireman

Reaction score
Has anyone had the same problem as me with the DID dirt star wheels. The finish on them is pitting asthough they have been sprayed with some type of corrosive, i know for a fact mine havnt as their only cleaned with muck off and then sprayed with a light coat of GT85.
Ktm have no intrest in them due to it being used off road although it is still under warranty, its a 2010 model.
have to ask to see if its just a one off with mine or has anyone had them changed under waranty.
cheers folks:(

+1

Muc-Off is the cause, not washing it off quick enough

Anyone who uses it, is asking for trouble....................no need to use something that corrosive:blast

Saw a tosser turn up at the local bike shop yesterday on a new 1200 with all the bling, he came out with two containers of Muck Off...guess there's another corrosion warranty on it's way:D

Saw a tosser turn up at the local bike shop yesterday on a new 1200 with all the bling, he came out with two containers of Muck Off...guess there's another corrosion warranty on it's way:D

:blast:blast................idiot

:blast:blast................idiot
I have used muck off on all my bikes over the years and i have had quite a few,
13 in the last 10 years and never had a problem, always followed the instructions and not let it dry so i can only guess its a crap coating on the dirt star wheels or there is a new chemical in muck off.
guess the moral of the story is dont use the stuff:rob

Musyt admit they also have plenty of tyre changing scars now so heho, its an off roader being used for what she was built for.

Hiya mate,

Try SDOC100, seems very good. No probs on my 3 with it.

As for those DirtStars, you've seen mine, same for me too, pitted. :eek

I have used muck off on all my bikes over the years and i have had quite a few,
13 in the last 10 years and never had a problem, always followed the instructions and not let it dry so i can only guess its a crap coating on the dirt star wheels or there is a new chemical in muck off.
guess the moral of the story is dont use the stuff:rob

Musyt admit they also have plenty of tyre changing scars now so heho, its an off roader being used for what she was built for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom