SPC-excellent service.

gavin

A friend of mine bought a secondhand 02 reg. (german import) 1150 GS from SPC, after only 300 miles the fuel pump failed (rare fault?), after phoning SPC, the bike was picked up, fitted with a new pump and returned all within 3 days. You could say that's the type of service we should expect from a BMW dealer, but bear in mind that the customer lives on the Isle of Wight and the ferry companies charge a small fortune for crossing the solent! I think that's pretty good service, don't you?

Can't quite beat that, but...

I binned my K1200RS on a roundabout (recently resurfaced, but still my fault for going too fast) about 100 miles from my local dealer (Balderston, Peterboro')

I called the RAC, but they were well busy, and spouted that they'd counter-claim against me becuase it was my fault

So, I called my dealer.

Less than 2 hours later, they turn up... take me and the bike back to the dealer, lend me another K12 to get home, and repair my bike in 6 days, dealing with the insurance for me, and getting me a new Lid/Leathers at the same time.

Impressed, you bet...

Owners pleased with their dealers?

Have I stumbled into the wrong forum by accident?

Nice to hear some positive feed back, one day dealers will start realising how much business good service can generate...

MikeO:)

RAC counter claim

intrigued by the idea of this rescue service "counter claiming" because the accident was your fault. Did they really say that?
Is it now a condition of RAC recovery that the member has to prove that the incident was not his/her fault? If this is so I think that we should be told...............can you clarify?

mutters darkly...

If you read the small print on your contract with the recovery people , some of them will charge a surcharge for the uplift if your machine in the event of an accident.

surcharge?

no, I have not read the small print, I foolishly assumed that rescue and recovery was what I had already paid for. But one day I will read the small print and if that is what the RAC do then I will be looking elsewhere come renewal day.....what an idea for a poll...what motoring organisation do you belong to?........

This first grabbed my attension when I read an article in ride mag.Since then I have heard of a few people who have came across this problem.
Im basically talking about the big two here.
By the way , while were on the subject if any one is thinking of getting european cover for a trip just coz its the AA or rac it doesnt mean they will be any better than the smaller cheaper companys.
We had a problem with one of the Harleys,Less than a year old in Bavaria this year.
The bike arrived home two weeks later after we got home and it was damaged.
My buddy was out of pocket by about a grand and a half that he managed to claim back eventually.
When it was time to complain everybody blamed everyone else.
Ill stick with BMWown european cover at the moment coz ive heard its good especially in europe.

When I trashed my Goldwing, Green Flag carted it away to their depot ('cos I wasn't in any fit state to say where I wanted it taken), and two days later they delivered it to the knackers yard of my choice.

I have used Green flag for both bike and car for years, and I am always satisfied with their service. They are also cheaper than AA/RAC, especially for European cover.

ok possible thread hijack !!!

with ref to the rac and aa claiming against rta's
if you read the small print you will find that if you have fully comp insurance then they will claim the costs from your insurance ,
your fault or not . now heres the rub if you are only third party then no problems as you havent got the insurance to claim on and you still get the service.....hhhmmmmmmm sensible that eh !
still if it wernt your fault it dont matter anyway as the claim will eventually be paid by the other insurance !!!...
oh and how do i know????
cos i drive a NICE yellow van!!!

salute

thanks for clearing that up Slimbo, makes sense etc etc. ..RAC's never been the same since they changed from blue to orange so I might just change when it comes up to renewal...as long as you guys promise to salute when a member passes by..

Breakdown recovery weren't involved with the bike in the original post, the dealer picked the bike up using their own transport and costs!

Re: ok possible thread hijack !!!

slimbo said:
with ref to the rac and aa claiming against rta's
if you read the small print you will find that if you have fully comp insurance then they will claim the costs from your insurance ,
your fault or not . now heres the rub if you are only third party then no problems as you havent got the insurance to claim on and you still get the service....

What happens if you've got fully comp but the recovery charge is less than your excess? Let me guess, you pay anyway. I wrote to the AA wingeing about this new and unwelcome change and got a load of bollox back about a new improved service. What it really means is profit maximisation for Centrica.

At least you get a decent yellow van tho!

Shug

promise to salute when a member passes by..

hey no probs but you will have to stop and identify yourself so i can give you a smart one???(salute that is)

Wot no poll???

Well I was waiting for that promsed poll but a couple of years back when the two market leaders brought in this arcane rule I remember uproar in the M/C press.

I know many of the bigger bokers have now brought out roadside recovery inclusive insurance polices, but there are also a couple of policies available independent of having any other policy with them. Mine I got from Mitchell & Partners and costs me £49.99 per year.

Importantly for me there is no age restriction on the bike - (not all of us drive around on brand-spankers) and free euro cover (which the AA charge an additional packet for Five-Star).

From the small print as long as the it was an insured incident - the full cover applies (subject to a maximum of four uses in the 12 month period).

INSURED INCIDENT: Mechanical breakdown, accident, vandalism, fire, theft or attempted theft, flat battery, loss or breakage of keys, lack of fuel or accidental damage to tyres, occurring within the geographical limits during the period of insurance.

More details available from www.mitch.co.uk

Re: Re: ok possible thread hijack !!!

shugie said:
What happens if you've got fully comp but the recovery charge is less than your excess? Let me guess, you pay anyway. I wrote to the AA wingeing about this new and unwelcome change and got a load of bollox back about a new improved service. What it really means is profit maximisation for Centrica.

Shug [/B]
sadly evryone is jumping on the bandwagon shugie,not just centrica ,i think if you look the old days of being in an exclusive club are long gone its all about maximising potential and revenue(just dont get me started on shifts and lifestyle disruption).
but in the end its a good job,it keeps me off the street....

I've been in the RAC 23 years and this latest ruling makes me want to puke over the nearest RAC van. Time to look around for green flag or someone else.
And if I did have an RTA, I'd simply tell them I did'nt have any insurance !! Bollicks to them:mad:

Back
Top Bottom