oooh look what i found...

plus about £10 p&p

but i would like to see one up close

adam

Tool box

Looks like someone has designed something really usefull for an 1150 bit more use than a chrome filler nut!!. that tool box along with the original should be a big help.
Dave GS

That actually looks a decent idea (not so much for the toolbox as the spare oil tank - handy for long trips).

You need to buy one and take lots of pictures of it (especially fitted to an 1100) :thumb2

Bit flippin' expensive though.

My DIY muscles are twitching....

My 01 donkey only used two litres of oil in 10k miles so i wont be bothering with this. Looks nice though
TB

That actually looks a decent idea (not so much for the toolbox as the spare oil tank - handy for long trips).

You'll find that every garage in europe will have plenty of "handy" oil on their shelves to more than satisfy any worries from the average GS owner .

I'd expect this kind of post in the 1200 section, how times change.

You'll find that every garage in europe will have plenty of "handy" oil on their shelves to more than satisfy any worries from the average GS owner .

I know, I know - the shame of it :blast

That said, I usually carry 1/2 litre of my oil of choice with me on long trips (no-one seems to stock 20w50 these days). Last time though, it ended up in a mates 1200 (once I'd shown him where to put it).

Yea, I reckon our Paulie is a would be 1200 owner but still hasent come out yet!. (I'm remaining in the closet until further testing has taken place, at least in the garage the fd wont go pop!) .
Dave GS

oil..

Oil....now theres an idea for a thread....:blast
1200,nah, the tupperware pony is not for me..
I was thinking of the box to put my comms in,autocom,uhf radio etc etc, at the mo ive got it under the rear seat in a fibreglassed modded tool tray.
On a long trip i carry spare oil in a 500 ml lucozade bottle,and when i tip that in, i keep the empty bottle,then when the engine needs another fill, i buy a 1 litre bottle of oil, tip 1/2 in the engine and put the rest in the empty lucozade bottle.I use the lucozade bottles cos there quite strong and ive never had one leak, i also tape the top shut, to stop your clothes etc smelling of guttux.
When you are away for 5000 miles you will probably need some oil.

I've done a few 4.5k mile rides and never needed any oil - Can't believe the extra 500 miles would make much difference. :D

My old 1100 uses 'up to' 1/3 litre / 1000 Depends very much on how I ride it - gentle bimbles - next to nothing, high speed fully loaded thrashes - it uses some. I just like to have a bit of my favoured engine juice with me on a trip :D

I know, I know - the shame of it :blast

That said, I usually carry 1/2 litre of my oil of choice with me on long trips (no-one seems to stock 20w50 these days). Last time though, it ended up in a mates 1200 (once I'd shown him where to put it).

so your saying that 20w50 is the right oil for the 1150 motor?

so your saying that 20w50 is the right oil for the 1150 motor?

I see what you did there - having ruined my reputation (did I have one worth ruining?...) by saying I liked the oil tank thingy, you're trying to finish me off by ensnaring me in an oil thread :(

Back
Top Bottom