Softail Slim....denim black

twizzle

Devil may care...
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Lord....lead me away from temptation.......

There's a growing fan base for that model. There's a test ride report by a mate go mine here :thumb2

I have to say I'm not a fan of the bike and I think that denim black paint is very soft and wears too easily :nenau

Wouldn't do for us all to be the same though ;)

I agree about the paint. I'd prefer gloss black. Second choice denim.

Just another rehashed Harley... plus ca change... :blast

Why don't the MoCo concentrate on Quality instead :rolleyes:

Popped in to Guildford HD this afternoon, it was their open day, sickboyz display, rock band, hog roast etc........hundreds of Harley's there, parking all over the estate... It was worth going to see the HOG fashions........Stetsons/cowboy boots the lot....some people just looked total twats. The highlight was a well to do couple dressed head to toe in HD gear meeting their friends, proper Maaw Maaw home counties greeting..." lavina daaaarhhhhhling...." wankers.

Anyway... Looked at the softail slim... Too low for me.....also I realised today what I like.... There was a RTW 1200 sportster on display, proper beaten to shite ... I loved it ... Everybody else walked right past... Took some photies will post up later!!

So ... My money is safe and marriage intact.....:beerjug:

Twizzle ..... right decision.

Don't be taken by the marketing schmozz taken to the power of 10. Sounds like your reality check detector kicked in.

I'd say don't be taken in by the idiots that think that HOG and the type of person that spends time hanging around main dealers is typical of Harley riders in general. :ymca

I do not dress like a pretend back patch club member and neither do my Harley riding mates :ymca2

Popped in to Guildford HD this afternoon, it was their open day, sickboyz display, rock band, hog roast etc........hundreds of Harley's there, parking all over the estate... It was worth going to see the HOG fashions........Stetsons/cowboy boots the lot....some people just looked total twats. The highlight was a well to do couple dressed head to toe in HD gear meeting their friends, proper Maaw Maaw home counties greeting..." lavina daaaarhhhhhling...." wankers.

Anyway... Looked at the softail slim... Too low for me.....also I realised today what I like.... There was a RTW 1200 sportster on display, proper beaten to shite ... I loved it ... Everybody else walked right past... Took some photies will post up later!!

So ... My money is safe and marriage intact.....:beerjug:

The Softail Slim was the other model I was looking at but decided the Street Bob was more suited to what I was looking for. Loverly looking bike though....:drool

Can I just say for the record that you will never see me wearing anything with tassels, patches, club names or badges relating to HOG or anything else typical of Harley ownership. Please shoot me if anyone ever sees me in anything to the contrary!!!!!:D

One man's HOG day out is another man's horror.
Last week was at the 12th 'HOG' MENA rally in Doha, Qatar. A 1,333kms round trip (SAND STORM ON THE WAY BACK).
Anyway, the fashionistas were out in force. One guy spent $50,000 on a custom bagger from the US just to display it and try to win a custom award (he did). Another custom trike was there trailering another custom bike on the back.

If it had HARLEY DAVIDSON on it, someone was wearing it from head to toe.
To register cost me QR998 (around £200+). Besides the obligatory pin, patch and T-shirt, the rest was on lunches and dinners for the weekend. Event was at the 5* JW. Marriott and accommodation was extra. And £8 a pint :eek:.
When there is nowt else in the way of biking rallies or events, people take what is the norm. It was fun and I was not expecting a Bull Dog Bash event at any rate.

Back
Top Bottom