Is this the finished Triumph Trophy ?

MGJ

Reaction score
No news on a water cooled RT, so lets see what Triumph have to offer.

Yes it's a copy of an RT, is that a bad thing ?

Attachments

• 022212-triumph-trophy-1200-02.jpg
    022212-triumph-trophy-1200-02.jpg
    107.2 KB · Views: 484
  • 022212-triumph-trophy-1200-04.jpg
    022212-triumph-trophy-1200-04.jpg
    112 KB · Views: 507
  • triumph-trophy-1200-2013-05.jpg
    triumph-trophy-1200-2013-05.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 504
Looks more like the ST1300 Pan to me but I like the look of it so far :thumb2

Took the words right out of my mouth. I cant see any resembl;ence to an RT except it has the same shape wheels. I'm not keen on the black colour but the bike looks good. I just hope they put some decent instrumentation on it and not the awful clocks on teh Tiger 800 and 1200 Adventure:rob

My first thought as well. But the rear wheel is triumph isn't it? Looks like they've morphed a Pan and an RT/GT into something that Honda should have released a week after the bleeding aweful VFR1200.

If they can keep the weight down to low to mid 200's and power up a bit from the Explorer, they should then have a real competitor in a segment of the market thats either stale or just plain lacking.

Then just need to sort company attitude and their warrantys and it'll be a goodun.

Then just need to sort company attitude and their warrantys and it'll be a goodun.

With the well known double act of Swepson and Smart still working for Triumph there is more chance of hell freezing over than of Triumph sorting out their attitude and warranties.:rolleyes:

MGJ said:
No news on a water cooled RT, so lets see what Triumph have to offer.

Yes it's a copy of an RT, is that a bad thing ?

It is certainly not a bad thing if one wishes to sell it to the police force...and the riding position looks far more "RT" than "K1300GT", which is good for me.

Let us say that Triumph have produced a more powerful RT and also serious competition for the ST1300, GTR1400 and FJR1300. Then I would ask what have they done to move the game on with either novel suspension, DCT gearbox or advanced electronics or lighting. The answer is surely nothing.

For the many who like their motorcycles simple and down-to-earth, a test ride on the Triumph will be a "must". Those who want a little bit extra technology to spice things up will surely wait for the water-cooled Boxers.

Back
Top Bottom