Bolivia & Peru Photos

Vampire

I wish I could figure out how to post multiple photos, or to stitch them together, but being thus incompetent, I shall post a number of single pics.
Like so many of the best roads we ride, there is often no way to get a photo of more than than one or two consecutive corners, so the photo doesn't do it justice.
Likewise, who wants to stop for a photo when you are totally absorbed in riding the road. I had no speedo, there were no speed signs, it was just pure seat of the pants riding.
But I ramble.
Here is the first photo, a dirt road in Bolivia. You had to be real careful of the powder soft edges.

Attachments

• bolivia dirt 1.jpg
    bolivia dirt 1.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 425
More dirt in Bolivia.

Attachments

• bolivia dirt 2.jpg
    bolivia dirt 2.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 425
Third in the series

Attachments

• bolivia dirt 3.jpg
    bolivia dirt 3.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 419
Climbing the Andes in Peru

Attachments

• climbing the andes.jpg
    climbing the andes.jpg
    120 KB · Views: 416
Crossing Lake Titicaca, the journey takes about 15 minutes

Attachments

• crossing lake titicaca.jpg
    crossing lake titicaca.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 401
They are building this great concrete road in Bolivia, but there are many missing sections for no apparent reason. Just when you start getting confidence in the road, you rocket around a corner to be confronted by something like this. Bridges have been completed, but are blocked off and you have to detour down onto a river crossing, not much water fortunately.

Attachments

• missing section.jpg
    missing section.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 392
Typical highway shot, very little traffic, what you do encounter is often on the wrong side of the road, or overtaking one another on a corner.

Attachments

• normal traffic density.jpg
    normal traffic density.jpg
    110.3 KB · Views: 384
Pan Pacific Highway between Camana and Nazca. Travelled on this for about three hours before heading inland across the desert. Visibility was always limited because of the sea mist, but it was a great ride, similar to Highway 1 south of San Francisco or the Great Ocean Road in Victoria, only more so. Don't know the European equivalent.

Attachments

• pan pacific hway.jpg
    pan pacific hway.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 387
The road from Abancay to Cusco, a great series of curves and switchbacks and a road surface that riders in New South Wales (Australia) can only dream about.

Attachments

• road to cusco.jpg
    road to cusco.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 380
Ridng the Salar, reportedly the largest salt lake in the world, the salt being 8 metres thick. Great to have unlimited space to do whatever you like. Last year on this tour, the flats were covered in one to two inches of water. A lot of fun, but not much good for the bikes.

Attachments

• salt flats.jpg
    salt flats.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 375
Another typical scene. I hope this series has given you a sense of what the riding is like down there.

Attachments

• valley road.jpg
    valley road.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 368
Just brilliant...makes me want to get out on the bike...Peru's a bit far for me but I'm planning a trip to Morocco next year.

Vampire said:
Another typical scene. I hope this series has given you a sense of what the riding is like down there.
Excellent vampire, nice shots, looks like nothing I've ever seen before, very different :thumb

Thanks for giving us a view of your pics :)

¡De puta madre!

thanks Vamps! thats just what I neede to day - a bit of a lift! so how did you get there, where etc? is that in your ride report?

Back
Top Bottom