1400cc Griso & Norge?

Deleted account 211025001

Reaction score
Just found these piccies - looks, I think, like the 1400 lump to me :nenau

w_zpsb8ee5188.jpg

q-1_zps4fe45842.jpg

Andres

Don't like the styling on the Norge... looks like the bastard son of an 1100 RT and a Deauville. Much prefer the current one.

painstakingly typed whilst battling with autocorrect from my thinks-its-smart phone...

Don't like the styling on the Norge... looks like the bastard son of an 1100 RT and a Deauville. Much prefer the current one.

There's a certain 'PC800 parked too close to a radiator' look in there too :barf

The fairing on that Norge looks more like an RT than the current RT does :D

The Norge looks like a Cyberman from Doctor Who.

why can't guzzi just give in and make modern 1400cc le mans, or is that too obvious?

are they scared they couldn't keep up with demand?

why can't guzzi just give in and make modern 1400cc le mans, or is that too obvious?

are they scared they couldn't keep up with demand?

I wonder if they will - maybe something based on those concept bikes we saw a year or so back? Or do you mean a more retro flavoured Le Mans, something along the lines of the Paul Smart etc Ducatis?

Andres

I've always liked the Griso though. Looks totally impractical but if I had room (and the cash) for a 4th bike, and a 2nd Guzzi, it would be on my list .

these pics are very old . that bike ( norge ) is gathering dust in the r+d dept. it was in development back in the late 90's . the griso is a pre-production / show model . the rear caliper is underslung on its wooden s-arm

I've always liked the Griso though. Looks totally impractical but if I had room (and the cash) for a 4th bike, and a 2nd Guzzi, it would be on my list .

Yes I thought that'd it'd be impracticle before I had one but in fact it actually tours better than my old GS. Far more comfortable, probably quicker and with the OM screen better wind protection too. Have now fitted H&B hard panniers so should be even better this summer. Europe here I come again!

I wonder if they will - maybe something based on those concept bikes we saw a year or so back? Or do you mean a more retro flavoured Le Mans, something along the lines of the Paul Smart etc Ducatis?

Andres

i'm thinking of a vaguely modern bike with very strong retro styling. the ducatis you mention would be a very good example of the kind of thing i mean, particularly the yellow one that looks like a 750GT.

not sure whether they sold very well though?

Back
Top Bottom