delivery dates...

Black Cloud

Reaction score
So my local dealer had me scheduled for collection today for my nice shiny new TE. BUT, they don't have it in stock, and neither do they know where it is... :confused::eek:Anyone else scheduled to collect about now and suffering "delays"?

At least i'll not have to ride first ride in the shite weather...

Did you spec cross spoked wheels? I asked for cast wheels and my delivery has moved forward one week, hoping to collect end of next week, maybe :cool:

Perhaps those delayed by shortage of spoked wheels have allowed others to jump the queue a little?

nope, standard TE, with panniers fitted by dealer....

quote: "The bike has not left the Warehouse in Lincolnshire yet although our systems say that it has been released."

Great stuff..

I was told by my dealer today that there were NO bikes in ANY warehouses or other storage facilities, and that every new bike would come directly from the production line in to the dealership.

so the bike is still unlocated. The dealer chased it down today but cannot find it or confirm a delivery date. You would have thrtought that there cannot be that many "laying around" the UK at the moment.

More annoying is having paid £14k for somehting i neither own nor have any idea where i can expect it....:tears

What kind of greif should i give my dealer????:eek::mad:

So, you can buy cheap things off eBay and in many cases track their progress from China or the States...but a BMW dealer can't find a £14,000 bike in a crate somewhere? Aye, right...

shocking really, no idea where it is in the UK or when it will get to them. Shall i suggest using Parcel Force or Link Express?

Or are they just being incompetent?

shocking really, no idea where it is in the UK or when it will get to them. Shall i suggest using Parcel Force or Link Express?

Or are they just being incompetent?

I think there's a bit more behind where your bike is, than what their telling you, definitely wouldn't recommend the use of PO royal mail/parcel farce. Hope you get good news soon.

been in pidcocks in notts today to sort collection of my TE on monday hes got a cancelled order, TE, thunder grey, (he now wants red!) hardly any second hand gs's in showroom so offering good price for p/X be quick! speak to wayne in showroom if your interested::beerjug:

It will without doubt turn up,but I'd be pushing for a little sweetner, 1st service for free maybe ?

Steve

nope, standard TE, with panniers fitted by dealer....

quote: "The bike has not left the Warehouse in Lincolnshire yet although our systems say that it has been released."

Great stuff..

I'm in Lincolnshire. Want me to pop round & pick it up for you? :thumb

so the bike is still unlocated. The dealer chased it down today but cannot find it or confirm a delivery date. You would have thrtought that there cannot be that many "laying around" the UK at the moment.

More annoying is having paid £14k for somehting i neither own nor have any idea where i can expect it....:tears

What kind of greif should i give my dealer????:eek::mad:

Why have you paid for it before taking delivery?

Paid for beacuse they expected it delivered on thursday. Muppet? Guess so.

Problem is a modification to steering/forks/suspension that needs to be done before relase, or recall. Sound familiar anyone, or anyone know more about this issue.

Worrying? A little.

Paid for beacuse they expected it delivered on thursday. Muppet? Guess so.

Problem is a modification to steering/forks/suspension that needs to be done before relase, or recall. Sound familiar anyone, or anyone know more about this issue.

Worrying? A little.

Yes thats likely to be a fix to the tank slapper / speed wobble problem that has been reported in the press. Question is, was it a tank slapper that killed Kevin Ash at the launch?

Any news yet? Is she here? Have you got her? :nenau

Did you you get anything from the dealer for the delay?
:thumby:

No, not yet, still delayed by the suspension adjustments. Spoke at length on Saturday and now just waiting........

I save my "ammunition" for the collection. Apologies have been profusely provided so far.

Looking at snow and ice and strong winds etc, glad I don't have to go and ride in that with a shiny new machine.

Going to calla today for an update and then book a test ride for tomorrow or Thursday, for "some fun"!

Back
Top Bottom