Stage one.....

Quite a lot really, yes more noise, but both my bikes run better, are smoother and more powerful, they certainly breath better, and did I mention more noise.

AJ

These days not a massive amount, certainly for the money you pay a main dealer. It used to be a very important part of buying a new Harley with a carb as they all came out of the factory with huge flat spots at the rev ranges where California emissions checks were made. The new fuel injected bikes don't have that problem as they are mapped for each market. Mostly they now just make more noise and another 5-8 bhp. :rob

I'd ride the bike first and then decide if you need it. I'm surprised a CVO needs it :confused:

Now if you are going for stage 2 that's a different matter :green gri

These days not a massive amount, certainly for the money you pay a main dealer. It used to be a very important part of buying a new Harley with a carb as they all came out of the factory with huge flat spots at the rev ranges where California emissions checks were made. The new fuel injected bikes don't have that problem as they are mapped for each market. Mostly they now just make more noise and another 5-8 bhp. :rob

I'd ride the bike first and then decide if you need it. I'm surprised a CVO needs it :confused:

Now if you are going for stage 2 that's a different matter :green gri

Stage 2 ??? How many stages ?
It's already had the stage one the nice harley man said. It's got a big fat breather cone, a two into one fat vance and Hines, and he said they would know what tune up it's had when it goes through the workshop for prep. I assume on the diagnostic thingy. I've ridden the bike up the road and it seems really sweet.
I thought maybe it would. Run richer and thus a bit cooler, but I'm only guessing.

Since the cvo's supposedly sidestep the regs by being a limited run aren't you risking screwing it up by having maps put in for standard machines along with defeating the point of paying a premium and buying a Cvo in the first place?

Since the cvo's supposedly sidestep the regs by being a limited run aren't you risking screwing it up by having maps put in for standard machines along with defeating the point of paying a premium and buying a Cvo in the first place?

I think they are all choked to the same degree when they come out of the factory, CVO or otherwise.
I'm swatting up with all the online shite, and there's fecking tons of it to plough through.
I think all Harley's ( so I've read) are lumpy and lean because of the lengths the factory has to go through to meet emission rules etc.
I can't directly compare the one I've bought with anything else because I've never ridden a standard untuned one.
It does seem smooth with lovely power delivery and pick up though, no lumpy ness etc. I'll screw the nads off it next week on the way home so I will have a better idea then.

Stage 2 ??? How many stages ?
It's already had the stage one the nice harley man said. It's got a big fat breather cone, a two into one fat vance and Hines, and he said they would know what tune up it's had when it goes through the workshop for prep. I assume on the diagnostic thingy. I've ridden the bike up the road and it seems really sweet.
I thought maybe it would. Run richer and thus a bit cooler, but I'm only guessing.

Heavy breather - check
V&H headers - check
SE tailpipes - check
V&H Throttlepack - check
255 cams - check
Happy = pig in shit :)

PS Love the CVO Fatbob :thumb

Back
Top Bottom