Five Stage Heated Grips On 2019 GSA

Billy Law

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Folks,

I've tried to search to see if this has been answered elsewhere, so I apologise if this has been covered.

In short, is it possible to have the heated grips re-coded from two stage to five stage on a 1250 GSA that doesn't have a heated seat?

Alternatively, if I had a heated seat retro-fitted, would the grips get changed as part of the job?

Cheers in advance.

I have no experience and not trying a GS911 coding for another week or two, but it should be possible to code 5 settings , or even 6 settings as has been recommended . I’m not sure why a heated seat is relevant .

I have no experience and not trying a GS911 coding for another week or two, but it should be possible to code 5 settings , or even 6 settings as has been recommended
Thanks for the reply. I'd be interested to hear how you get on.

I’m not sure why a heated seat is relevant .
I read in another post that bikes spec'd with heated seats, which had five stage heating, also had five stage heating for the heated grips.

Knockout. Thanks for that. I'll wait for the warranty to expire and then look into getting it done.
Please let us know if this works as I also have a 2019 with only two stages and would like to change to five as only having the choice of cold and burn your hands to stumps is doing my head in.

Please let us know if this works as I also have a 2019 with only two stages and would like to change to five as only having the choice of cold and burn your hands to stumps is doing my head in.
Exactly why I want to change it to five stages. I had that on the RTs I rode at work until I retired. Much better than just the two stages.

Last edited:
Interested in the heated seat function as I have a variable heat Sargent riders seat but would prefer an integrated solution.

I know I'm a bit late to this. But it can definitely be done using GS-911. I done it. It can be set to 3,4,5 or 6. It won't have an effect on Warranty. I can be changed back if needed.

No idea about the seat question.

Yes this is possible as is changing the dash I did mine I used the911 to program the heated grips with 4 stages (it has the option to do 6 but 100 is better divided by 4 )
the new m sport dash is nice have a go

Thanks for the latest input, guys. I think that's what I need to do then. I'm not worried about the heated seat, it's just that I read the multi-stage heated grip control was standard when the heated seat was spec'ed.

Thanks for the latest input, guys. I think that's what I need to do then. I'm not worried about the heated seat, it's just that I read the multi-stage heated grip control was standard when the heated seat was spec'ed.
Well let us know as like you mine also does not have heated seats but only has 2 stage heated grips and would be much happier with 4/5 stages

I have never suffered from a cold backside

Does anyone have one of these 911 thingames and hire themselves and the unit out?

I think I would like the M screen and a range of heated grip settings.

Please and thank you in advance.

Does anyone have one of these 911 thingames and hire themselves and the unit out?

I think I would like the M screen and a range of heated grip settings.

Please and thank you in advance.
What he said ☝️. (You beat me to it Gavla.)

I can do it for you for free, at your own risk , but I’m in Bristol and the unit is not for posting. P.M. me if of any use.

I can do it for you for free, at your own risk , but I’m in Bristol and the unit is not for posting. P.M. me if of any use.

Top man is @GrinningGSer!
I went for a coffee with Paul this morning (which was excellent) and my GSA miraculously came away with 5 stage heated grips and a rather nifty sports dash as well. Nice chat in the sunshine which managed to come out just as my journey there was ending, following a horrendous 90 minutes in the rain.

Thanks again Paul,

Last edited:
Gav, if you are ever back in Pompey give me a shout and I'll use my GS911 to sort it.

Back
Top Bottom