Anyone interested?

Mark Hooton

Cymarcbikeparts
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi Guys, sorry to `butt in` on a part of the forum I possibly have little right to `butt in` on!

My name is Mark Hooton and I have a `passionate hobby/cottage industry/sober obsession` involving making farkles for us GS boys for our beloved bikes.

I`m lucky enough to make some gear for Nippy Norman who has asked if I could help him out with a Nautilus Horn bracket for the splendid K1600GT :bow (I`ve ridden one and wow - its like an up to date CBX and then some..........)

Thing is I don`t have a K1600GT!

Is there anyone out there who is near and would be kind enough to pay a visit so that I can see if one can be made? I`d be pleased to ensure you had enough bacon sandwiches and coffee to keep you amused and I would be very surprised if Norman Birtles himself did not show his appreciation in one way or another - he`s a good sort.

I don`t expect anyone to know me in this part of the forum but I can assure you I am not a time waster, I have significant resources for making `stuff` and I am capable of making nice stuff - indeed here is a recent example of my work - some rad protectors for the new LC (I`m very proud of them). I am sure if you made some enquiries you could assure yourself of my `bona fides` before putting yourselves out!

I am located in North Lincolnshire in Scunthorpe if anyone is interested? Please feel free to PM me!

Regards,

Mark Hooton
www.cymarcbikeparts.co.uk

8665913304_408b9f9728.jpg
[/url]
pair not fitted by cymarceng, on Flickr[/IMG]

Never mind them K bikes Mark, when are you going to do an oil cooler protector for an RT

Thank you

Guys, if Chris (stainy) is anything to go by then you Yeomen of the 6 Cyl Behemoth are all top geezers!

Stainy came over today, gave up nearly a full day (when he could have been out riding) and made light of getting bored rigid while I kn*bbed around trying to figure out how I took several thousand plastic panels off the bike to get the horn (gotta be soooo careful how I say that...........).

If it wasn`t for Stainy I wouldn`t have been able to do what I did and I`m sure we would have had many more fasteners left at the end of the fit :D

Anyway, this is what we both did - we made a bracket so that the Nautilus MSX Horn could fit as an alternative - this bugger apparently kicks out around 135db :eek:

And no, it wasn`t easy as there isn`t an abundance of room as the image shows..........

Anyway thanks to Stainy for helping me today! :clap

9174206919_af2bcb2b33.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

9176425336_ab32ffbed8.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

Back
Top Bottom