1803 cc

Captain Black

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Bloody big that innit.:drool

Where does the Harley air cooled V twin go from there then ? :nenau

12 years ago HD came up with The V-Rod engine because they worried that they couldn't keep the air cooled engine going ;)

12 years ago HD came up with The V-Rod engine because they worried that they couldn't keep the air cooled engine going ;)

I thought the V Rod and its water cooled heads and four valves per cylinder was to try and create another string to the Harley family bow.
I know it deffo didn't appeal to the old school air cooled crowd, but it was and is a peach of a motor. I seem to remember Porsche developed the top end for Harley factory, bit ironic that as they also ended their own air-cooled dream in 1997 for Porsche fans. :(
Harley have had another 12 years of the air-cooled since the V Rod, but I can't see then squeezing much more that half of that time out of future models now.
Bit sad buts that's progress so they reckon.:tears

It was going in the Buell, but Erik told them it was just too big, so it didn`t:D
Developed by Porsche engineers, cost them a shed load of money.
Drain Rods do try and rip yer arms out of their sockets though:thumb
Lovely motor wasted on the red necks and most of the Wankers in the UK.

It was going in the Buell, but Erik told them it was just too big, so it didn`t:D
Developed by Porsche engineers, cost them a shed load of money.
Drain Rods do try and rip yer arms out of their sockets though:thumb
Lovely motor wasted on the red necks and most of the Wankers in the UK.

I always thought there would be a V Rod engined tourer pretty soon after it came out, but not yet it seems:nenau

The Glide frame can't cope with the 103" so the V-Rod would tie it in a knot :eek:

They'd down tune it accordingly maybe ? :nenau

The day will come when they'll have to go down that route anyway. Plus they've spent a mint getting that all new motor off the drawing board. How could they afford not to utilise it in various states of tune across the model range in time.

Back
Top Bottom