Fastway Foot Pegs

Spider_650gs

Will Fastway Foot Pegs that Nippy Normans sell fit on a f650 gs?

Spider mate, have you asked Nippy himself?

I would think yes, as the Touratech wide pegs fit the 650 & 1150.

I know, cos I swapped mine over :D

The Verholen lowering kit also fits the 650

:beerjug:

Jon

Spider_650gs said:
Will Fastway Foot Pegs that Nippy Normans sell fit on a f650 gs?
I have fitted the Fastway Evolution II footpegs to my 2004 F650GS Dakar. Even in the standard position, they are about 1” lower than the BMW pegs with rubber inserts, and have about 60% greater surface area. This makes them excellent when standing, and as I normally ride with the balls of my feet on the pegs, they are more comfortable in general riding as well.
But there are a few issues.
(1) The pegs will not fold back more than about 15 degrees; I’m not sure what problems this will present but I thought it worth mentioning.
(2) The front of the pegs is further forward than the standard pegs, reducing the distance between the peg and the toe of the gear change lever. Thus you have to rotate the lever on the spline to be able to get your boot beneath the lever to change up, but this means that you have to lift your whole foot above the lever to change down. A bit awkward and it is easy to inadvertently downshift if you are not careful. I have ordered the extendable gear shift lever from Touratech, hoping to restore the relationship between the front of the foot peg and the toe of the change lever, but Touratech are unable to supply until February 2005 so I will have to wait on that one.
(3) Because the footpeg is lower, you need to lower the foot brake lever but guess what, that’s not possible on the Dakar. You can adjust the lever up, but not down. I’m glad that I have ABS on the Dakar because otherwise I would have locked the rear brake on numerous occasions, as it is I just feel the ABS modulating, but it is a problem. I am trying to source an alternative lever but so far without success; I might have to find someone to modify the existing lever for me.
I like the Fastway pegs and I have them fitted to my R1200GS also. However, unless I can solve the gear and brake lever issues, I may have to either revert to the standard pegs or find another supplier who can provide both wider pegs and modified levers. I have emailed Fastway asking whether they have encountered similar issues but have not received a reply.

Attachments

• footpegs both.jpg
    footpegs both.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 524
Thanks For Information Vampire. The problem with the gear lever wont be a problem cause my big feet i alread have that problem.

Re: Re: Fastway Foot Pegs

Vampire said:
(2) The front of the pegs is further forward than the standard pegs, reducing the distance between the peg and the toe of the gear change lever.
(3) Because the footpeg is lower, you need to lower the foot brake lever but guess what, that’s not possible on the Dakar. You can adjust the lever up, but not down.
Vampire,

Verholen provides the necessary parts to adjust gear and brake levers with their lowering kit.

Pegs1.jpg

The brake bit is just a shortened version of your rod at the back of the brake lever that is covered by the rubber.

Don't know if it's the same set up on your Dakar, but if it is, maybe you could get them to send you just those bits (or buy them in Oz) and see if they work combined with the Fastways?

Or having seen the photo, get working in your garage :D

Back
Top Bottom