Vincent Rapide 1956

Nothing but trouble and will cost a bomb using modern plastic parts. To ease your pain ill give you £2,500 ha ha

It looks great, im sure there will be good resources for rebuilding on the net. If you look on here
http://www.ventureclassics.com/stock list.htm

You can see the value and conditionof some lovely Vincents.

Wait till Devon comes along

What you viewing on, its coming through on mac and win 7 . Can you try a different browser?

What you viewing on, its coming through on mac and win 7 . Can you try a different browser?

Viewing on google chrome. I now cannot see about 30% of pics that are up on the site.This has only been the case since the site was changed a few weeks ago.

My Dad used to take me to School on one of those . He had it from new , sold it in 1976 with all the race gear Endurance tanks etc for £900 and bought a CB550 F1 :blast

Found this in a corner of a friends garage...what a beauty she is too.
What do you reckon ?

Upwards of £30,000 is what I reckon if it's as good mechanically as it appears to be cosmetically.

I was once privileged to ride a Vinnie V engined Norvin, an experience that 38 years has barely dulled at all. Especially when I trapped my thumb between the handlebars and the GRP tank:D

George,
Not trying to burst your friends bubble, but that can't be a true '56 bike.

Vincent were bust by then, and the last bikes they built, the series D's look nothing like that.
If it is 1956 then it was probably built from parts to represent a series C machine by Harper Engineers who took over the remains of the company from the official receiver.

If he wants I can send details of the machine researcher who will be able to give him full details.

If you ignore all the above its still a bike now worth over £30k

HTH
Neil
Vincent owner

George,
Not trying to burst your friends bubble, but that can't be a true '56 bike.

Vincent were bust by then, and the last bikes they built, the series D's look nothing like that.
If it is 1956 then it was probably built from parts to represent a series C machine by Harper Engineers who took over the remains of the company from the official receiver.

If he wants I can send details of the machine researcher who will be able to give him full details.

If you ignore all the above its still a bike now worth over £30k

HTH
Neil
Vincent owner

Thanks for the info Neil,
I think he said 56...maybe he said 53. I'll find out and report back with a bit more detail about the bike.
He is now 80 and his health is deteriorating, it was always our plan to get him out on it and go for a joint trip up to Wastwater from some pics...that won't now happen. If you could forward the contact details as you mention that would be great and I'll pass it on to him.
It currently lives in one of his many garages...next to his Field Marshall and WW2 RAF bomb loading tractors. He won 1st prize in July at The Distington Rally with this...and drove it there and back too...

Attachments

• IMG_0624_1.jpg
    IMG_0624_1.jpg
    118.7 KB · Views: 574
My mum at Filey (Yorkshire East Coast) C1955 on the 500 Vincent Grey Lightning. The fast version :rob

:beerjug:

Mum-L.jpg

Great picture Micky,every year a guy turns up at Gedinne to race his gray flash,it looks well,it sounds well,and it bloody goes well.

Never knew you came from a motorcycling family:D

Explains a lot:tarka

Indeed, toured Germany on the 250 MZ Supafives with my dad, when he was 74. He'd been motorcycling for almost sixty years by that time. My two sons 42 and 43 years of age ride R1150GS-A's

Mum didn't ride motorbikes but she was pillion when six months pregnant with me :eek:

Indeed, toured Germany on the 250 MZ Supafives with my dad, when he was 74. He'd been motorcycling for almost sixty years by that time. My two sons 42 and 43 years of age ride R1150GS-A's

Mum didn't ride motorbikes but she was pillion when six months pregnant with me :eek:

Tis in the genes:D

gray lightening!

It looks more like a Comet but you could put high comp piston and Mk2 cams to make them go better, I did. The 500 racers were Grey Flash and the 1000 racers were Black Lightening.
That machine is still on the DVLA list according to vehicle enquiry.

It looks more like a Comet but you could put high comp piston and Mk2 cams to make them go better, I did. The 500 racers were Grey Flash and the 1000 racers were Black Lightening.
That machine is still on the DVLA list according to vehicle enquiry.

Shows as 1000cc on there now, last time I had a look :eek:

Back
Top Bottom