The dreaded brake failure light

blues n twos

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Well it has been happening on and off since I took delivery and research has shown its generally the brushes in the motor sticking. A quick Diagnostic at Vines showed 2v going to the relay where it should be 13v. :blast

I'm booked in to Clarks BMW Birmingham tomorrow to have a new ABS pump fitted ( circa £1100 plus labour) but all under warranty so a freebie :)

Also going to have the modified cam chain adjuster fitted that has it's own pressured oil supply so that will alleviate the initial chatter on start up :D

Oh and they are going to see if the upgraded loom to the starter motor has been fitted while it's there.

I have been dealing with Matt and Dan who have been very helpful so far so will report back on the end result.

I have a 90 mile trip in the morning and fog forecast where I live so I hope that will clear once I get out of the Chilterns.

They reckon 5 hours to complete the works so off to Brum central to catch a film and do some Christmas shopping while I wait.

Jon :)

I won't scare you with the scary stories of my 18,000 miles & year ownership of a GT (BMW bought it back off me) but would you be interested in a K1200GT tankbag Jon?

Last edited:
I won't scare you with the scary stories of my 18,000 miles & year ownership of a GT (BMW bought it back off me) but would you be interested in a K1200GT tankbag Jon?

Thanks for the offer but I have one already. Picked up a bargain on ebay. Genuine BMW one for £35 :eek: :D

Sorry to hear your K was a bad one. So far mine behaving and had new ABS pump fitted under warranty :)

Jon :beerjug:

Back
Top Bottom