130,00 Mile Tenere

Nice find, as johnny says that's very impressive although not unexpected from the tenere. It amazes me how the yanks rack up the miles. Even with the best road network in the world 3000 miles in 3 days is going some unless your nick Saunders .

If I decide to buy a newish bike it will be a 1200 tenere :cool:

It's easy to rack up the distance in the US and I've seen many mega mileage bikes over there......even Harleys. He's done a few Iron Butts which are ridiculous and teh big one is 10,000 miles in 10 days so you can see how quick they stack up. If you look in BMW dealers, they will sell high mileage bikes no problem because it just isn't a big issue over there.

My view is the more you ride them, the more reliable they are.

Dealers over here are idiots with mileage and it's all driven by the sunday morning power rangers who think 3k a year is massive and their bike will explode if it hits 10k. I'd love to see the likes of BMW Yamaha etc etc back their reliability by selling higher mileage bikes through their networks. I think their hands are tied because a lot of people, including many on here judging by the FS&W section, think that the lower the mileage, the better the bike when they should be looking at the history.

I quite like those Super Tenere's and it's the only other bike I would consider:thumb2

it's driven by the easy availability of low mileage bikes. why buy a miley bike when there's loads with low miles? :nenau

it's driven by the easy availability of low mileage bikes. why buy a miley bike when there's loads with low miles? :nenau

True enough but I think mileage shouldn't put you off if the bike is right for you.

they would have to be a lot cheaper.

for instance, there are still low mileage 1150 GSAs about and they are not that expensive as long as they are not white.

the high milers usually have loads of life in them, and i agree that being used is often a good thing, but i'd go for the low mileage bikes myself.

Did not say what the depreciation was, whenever I have had to trade a bike with more than 3k a year on the clock the dealer tells me it is high mileage and not worth much.

It's up on Tri County Honda for $4995, so take out the dealer margin and you should have a good approximation.

Impressive mileage on those K60's too

Very impressive story. Love reading about guys like that. It makes me feel ashamed that most of us spend far too much time washing, polishing, farkling and don't "JUST RIDE" the damn bikes we own.

I am going to try and get out much much more this coming year and get better value for my motorcycle monthly outgoings.

I was looking om Cycle Trader a Harleys for a US trip and the mileage of the bikes was impressive. 50k miles plus on most of the bikes.
{The oil he used was Rotella T 15-40 (heavy duty diesel oil) with factory Yamaha filters}
I wonder why he didn't use Yamaha recommended oil.

Back
Top Bottom