Post Office Insurance - 1500cc Limit.

Apart from almost all the Harley's along with K1600's and Triumph behemoths, some Kawasaki, Suzuki and Victory cruisers and Goldwings, but proportionately you are probably right :)

They are also getting very selective with where you can ride a bike. Read all the small print. I have/did, and have now gone with Holiday Safe.

I realise that logic has very little to do with terms and conditions and insurance :blast but I'd have thought that someone on a 1500cc plus bike is likely to be bimbling about on a cruiser. Where as under that you have all the 600 to 1000cc supersport bikes which I'd have thought would be a higher risk :confused:

You could well be right, but then you get a lot of the monied born again or new to biking types on big cruisers who could then be even more of a liability. I guess it's all down to the insurers stats, because insurance as we all know is just companies playing the odds with our money.

I was considering using the Post Office because I have in the past.
However on page 32 of their Policy Wording document I found
' no cover will apply in respect of any Personal Accident or Personal Liability claims '
applies to riding motorcyles.
It may not be a deal breaker but you definitely need to check the small print.

I was considering using the Post Office because I have in the past.
However on page 32 of their Policy Wording document I found
' no cover will apply in respect of any Personal Accident or Personal Liability claims '
applies to riding motorcyles.
It may not be a deal breaker but you definitely need to check the small print.

All travel insurance is the same - that cover comes from your bike policy...

I have a comprehensive insurance policy for my bike in the UK.
In Europe I only have the very minimum 3rd party cover.
In these circumstances, who would pay for MY medical expenses if required ?
My understanding is that I require a travel insurance policy to cover that.
Or, increase the coverage of my UK insurance.

I have a comprehensive insurance policy for my bike in the UK.
In Europe I only have the very minimum 3rd party cover.
In these circumstances, who would pay for MY medical expenses if required ?
My understanding is that I require a travel insurance policy to cover that.
Or, increase the coverage of my UK insurance.

Bike Insurance is "Bike Insurance", Travel Insurance (Sometimes called Holiday Insurance) is Travel Insurance. Two very different things. You require both. With regard to your Comprehensive Bike Insurance you can have it endorsed to include "Foreign Use" whereby the full comprehensive benefits will apply whilst abroad. A typical extra fee would be between £20 to £30. or you may be lucky and get it free.

Bike Insurance is "Bike Insurance", Travel Insurance (Sometimes called Holiday Insurance) is Travel Insurance. Two very different things. You require both. With regard to your Comprehensive Bike Insurance you can have it endorsed to include "Foreign Use" whereby the full comprehensive benefits will apply whilst abroad. A typical extra fee would be between £20 to £30. or you may be lucky and get it free.

Indeed, when selecting a policy for your bike, always look at the cover offered overseas BEFORE PURCHASE if you intend to travel abroad. Some policies will only give you the minimum cover needed by law, some will extend your comprehensive cover for a fee and some offer full cover for no additional fee. Often there is a limit to the length of stay overseas or number of trips per year. Also look to see if the cover is for the EU only or covers those other countries you wish to visit (e.g. Switzerland). Some insurers want you to contact them when you go abroad, others do not need informing if the trip is for a short period defined in the policy documents.

Post office insurance is run by devitts , remember you need to cancel your auto renewal 7 days before due date to avoid being charged.

Back
Top Bottom