BMW Nav V - Revert to older version of Firmware?

trebor

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
When I first bought my Nav V my old, very old, Sony Ericsson mobile would not always pair with the Nav V, I would have to switch the Bluetooth off on the phone then on again to get it to pair. On these occasions, when the pairing had initially failed, the voice prompts and warnings would not work on the Nav V. If you were listening to music it would just pause and there'd be a period of quiet where the prompt or warning would normally have sounded, so the device knew there was an announcement or sound to be made, it just didn't happen.

When I changed my mobile a few months ago to a Motorola X Play, everything was fine, the phone always paired and everything worked as it should. Well it did until a couple of weeks ago when I updated the Firmware from V.3.1 to V.3.2. Since then the phone has failed to pair on every occasion the Nav V starts up. If I look in the Nav V Bluetooth menu it shows the phone connection has failed. Switching the Bluetooth on the Nav V off then on invariably allows the phone to pair successfully, however I don't get the prompts and warnings, similar to when my old Sony-Ericsson used to fail, which I suspect is due to the Motorola having initially failed to pair, causing something in the software controlling the prompts to go awry.

I explained all this to Garmin and I now have to go through the usual stuff; i.e. delete the pairings and re-pair the devices (which I'd already done), carry out a Master Reset, and if these fail try reinstalling the firmware update.

I suspect the firmware upgrade is the reason for the failure. I note in the release notes that the Bluetooth software has been undated. I mentioned this to Garmin and asked about reverting to the previous firmware, he said that I would have that option when I try to reinstall the firmware. I've checked this out using Garmin's Webupdater but I can only see how to reinstall the firmware, not how to revert to a previous version. I've also had a look in Garmin Express but, again, can see no way to revert to old firmware.

Before I go back to Garmin does anyone know how I can do this?

Cheers

Bob

Google 'revert to earlier Garmin firmware'.

Lots of sites pop-up; no idea whether any suit the Nav V but you'll maybe find something.

Cheers Wapping. I'd already tried that (or a similar search) but nothing relevant in the first couple of pages. I'll try again later, maybe with a different search string.

Bob

Back
Top Bottom