Grossglockner - then and now

bladerunner

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I know it is a first World problem:
But September -1'c and I was not able to ride the pass, December 28th +12'c and not able to ski in Austria!!!

Attachments

• Untitled copy.jpg
    Untitled copy.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 806
  • Untitled2 copy.jpg
    Untitled2 copy.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 811
We went over it on the 3rd of September or I think I did :nenau fook me it was grim, zero visibility and side ways rain .
I even felt like a bit of a fraud putting the free sticker on my pannier :tears

19th July 2009. It was closed to motorcycles on the 18th!
e7bad7d1c11485e93db9887ad288b520.jpg
726b62d3400b5738cf59d558e6468af8.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Envy Envy
I have been to Grossglockner 3 times once by coach twice by car NEVER by bike .
Had snow sun and rain !
Love to go back on my GS
My wife has got an artificial knee so she limited to about 1.5 hours on the bike before needing a good rest which limits touring.

Grossglockner!!!

But September -1'c and I was not able to ride the pass,

Feck :eek:, we went over it on Aug 9th '15' and it must have been about 25 degrees.

Have planned the Alps and Dolomites trip for September this year, just because of the intensity of the weather last year during our ride down -on Aug 7th '15' Germany hit 40.3 degrees Celsius (104.5 degrees Fahrenheit) :D

Feck :eek:, we went over it on Aug 9th '15' and it must have been about 25 degrees.

Have planned the Alps and Dolomites trip for September this year, just because of the intensity of the weather last year during our ride down -on Aug 7th '15' Germany hit 40.3 degrees Celsius (104.5 degrees Fahrenheit) :D

Yes I sat in the square in Lueven last July and the temperature on my G-Shock read 44°C. Direct sunlight I know but still hot.

Some where in North West Germany in 2013, 45 degrees and stuck in the mother of all traffic jams. Just about to get off the Duke and strip off when a gap appeared, filtered and away. Thank fook. Not nice.
Done Grossglockner twice now and been rubbish weather both times. Snow in July 09, but open. Rain and freezing cold in 2010. Not my favorite place :/

Mid September '15 in Black forrest and it was around 5'c and heavy rain - with snow on passes. That and the 10,000 'grants coming the other way (you'll remember the autobahn was blocked with 'slims) made us head West and ride Gorge du verdon instead.

Mid September '15 in Black forrest and it was around 5'c and heavy rain - with snow on passes. That and the 10,000 'grants coming the other way (you'll remember the autobahn was blocked with 'slims) made us head West and ride Gorge du verdon instead.

We hit snow going Italy to France via the St Bernard July 2014. Germany, Switzerland and Austria were cr@p for weather. Italy superb. France wet. Was difficult to believe the heat in Italy and the temperature free falling on the way in to France!
Cant tell from one year to the next what to expect. 2015 we had blue skies and sunshine for the whole of our Pyrenees trip.
Been said before, expect everything and you wont go far wrong.

Always been lucky with the Verdon area though. Out of 4 visits had sunshine every time :)

Back
Top Bottom