Track log help on 2610

Andrew B

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Being a bit new to the 2610 can anyone help me with setting the track log settings.

On the map set up tab there are several options (auto to several miles)

Is this the distance between the track markers that the unit puts down?
If so does it mean that if you set them a distance apart it will give a greater "memory" of where you have been

(only asking as we went on a excellent run yesterday and i was hoping to save the track only to find that it had been half overwritten on the gps!!)

I suppose I could go out and try this - but I am sure one of you experts out there will know!!

Thanks in advance

Andrew

The capacity of the unit is finite (although I've no idea what that measurement is) and when full will begin to overwrite.

I understand that the setting chosen is how often the GPS "samples and logs" your location, altitude, direction and speed.

Set to auto, the sample is taken at a rate that fits the speed. Which possibly translates to a regular timed interval that equals more distant at higher speeds - but I'm guessing here!!

I'd like to know what the capacity is, and what options there are for saving it off whilst out and about (I can on my eTrex unit) rather than loosing data to an overwrite.

Anyone?

It seems to be about 2000 points and about 140 miles and there is no option to alter this setting, does anyone agree/disagree?

This is for an SP3, but it will probably work for the 2610. To change the options ie the frequency of your "breadcrumbs" eg Automatic, every 5miles, 10miles etc press MENU then LINE go to Track Log then using the keypad, change the settings to the distance needed. As an example, we recently did an approx 4 hour ride - with the settings on "Auotomatic", and by coincidence virtually the whole of the 4 hours was recorded. From memory the trip was about 140 miles, which would tie in with BHTs post.

I'd like to know what ... options there are for saving it off whilst out and about rather than loosing data to an overwrite.
If you have found a good piece which you want to save, go to Menu then Menu again, which will give you the Main Menu, chose System Setup press Enter go to Track Log and change Recording to "Off". This should stop the unit overwriting the bit you've already recorded.

Back
Top Bottom