Seconadary chain lubricant

ROBINCROFT

Reaction score
Hi,

not had a chain driven bike for some years and wondered what the best type of lubricant for the rear chain of my AT.
There seems to be a choice of either oil or wax. Not keen on fitting a Scott Oiler but open to opinions on all options.
Cheers

Robin

I have used Fuchs Silkolene Titanium Dri Gel Motorcycle Chain Lubricant on my KTM chain since I got the bike....IMHO, an excellent product

oops, I forgot about the bloody chain on the AT, how often should it be lubed, I've not had a chain driven bike for many years, the scotoiler may be the way to go....

Hi Wee Boab,
There are pros & cons here.
I've used a SCOTTOILER on both KTMs. The first sprayed oil up the back of my nice biscuit coloured REVIT suit, the second was an e version, much better. This second version is electronically programmable and very effective, no oil on jacket !! There is a installation .pdf describing the set up and a very neat way of threading the oil line through the swinger. (Further, its developed and made in Glasgow). Other than that a tin of chain spray can be very effective, but its another job and on a trip having to carrying an aerosol for regular application I find is a task too far.

M

What ever lube wax oil you use, when you get back from a ride chain is nice and warm lube chain, put bike I garage the lube will soak in to the chain to seals etc
Then ready to roll next time out little and often, I like gear oil keeps the chain nice and clean with a quick wipe of a rag.
Never spray layer after layer of lube over a dirty grit infested chain. Just my 2 Pence worth :rob

Back
Top Bottom