Heated Grips

Maxi

Anybody know the sequence for removing the throttle grip and rest of the gubbins in order for me to get at the cable that runs to the heated grip. Like a clutz I severed the cable at the head stock end when fitting a ram mount for sat nav. Unfortunately not enough wire left to solder back together so need to run wire from the grip. Doh!!!

Might be easier to re-connect using butt-end heat shrink connectors!

I tried. Trouble is the wires were cut where they enter the handle bars and there just isn't enough to connect to

I'm not sure if this is what you were asking for but here goes as I fitted a pair a couple of weeks ago.
Firstly: undo bar-ends and take of hand guards
secondly: undo the mirror from underneath
3rdly: there's about 2 screws that attach the switchgear, look around it and undo. Pull off the switchgear.
4thly: You should be able to see the throttle and cables now. There was a small attachment that needs leavering off to allow you to undo the throttle cable and then the grip just pulls off. The heated grip wire will pull through the bars and allow you to re-attach.

Not very detailed but I wish I'd had this when I 1st tried to take my grip off. I was stumped for a while at the mirror part: couldn't figure how the switchgear came off as I'd undone all the screws.

Anyway hope it's of use, if not no worries.

Dunk

This might help.
screenshot0107ea.jpg

screenshot0114ar.jpg

screenshot0126ny.jpg

Best I can manage to give you the whole page

Pete A

Your a star Pete

Thanks very much - I'll get it sorted this weekend

Back
Top Bottom